Bearmach strengthend Track Rod/Trackrod guards?

white90

No problems with mine so far, Tony. I have both the drag link and tie-rod and have fitted greasable TREs. They have been moved around onto/off of various vehicles and are now withstanding the abuse that I am giving them on the Challenger Series...

Hmm, food for thought as I have two on mine.......:blink:

Thinking about it, the guard doesn't have much stopping it from twisting does it. I might have a think about modifying mine to counter this problem.......

Yep , thats the one The Gwyn Lewis is faultless in operation , No more bent track bars , The only con against it is that its difficult to change or remove the TRE from the swivel but if you cut the remaining thread from the taper end it will come apart a lot easier

Only con against it is that its difficult to change or remove the TRE from the swivel but if you cut the remaining thread from the taper end it will come apart a lot easier

If I lock the wheel around so the track rod end is nearest the guard mine will come out with the guard on no problem!

The guard is one of the best bits of kit ive bought. Used to bent the track rod all the time before I got it but its a thing of the past now.

Ideal thanks I won't be fitting a third QT one as they are IMHO carp

the Sumo bar is unbelievably hard to try to straighten so I could drive to the garage so

I gave up and ordered the new ones.

I'll look out for a clamp on diff gaurd now as well.

i was thinking about getting one of these but didn't know how much drag it was going to give me

They only protrude about 30mm below the axle on the Nearside , you wouldnt even notice it , they also have a built in leading edge to assist in sliding over obstacles .