AWDC/C4x4 The Club Round 5 Aftermath

BennyB

Here are the results from today. Thank you for such a good day and everyone following in the spirit of the event this time. A BIG thank you, as always to all the marshals and everyone who helped organise the event, without their time which they volanteer this event would not be possible.

Hope to see you all at the last event at Coney Green and don't forget the end of series Bonfire/Fireworks party on Saturday 31st October. Tickets on sale now.

Class 1

1st – Keith Rayment & Steve Grant; Punch Score: 3400, Special Stage: 440, Total Score = 3840

2nd – Chris Kelly & Jason White; Punch Score: 3200, Penalty: 50, Special Stage: 430, Special Stage Penalty: 100, Total Score = 3480

3rd – Peter Roberts & Ben Burge; Punch Score: 2800, Penalty: 50, Special Stage: 480, Total Score = 3230

4th – Nick Shurrock & Matt Gomme; Punch Score: 2560, Special Stage: 380, Total Score = 2940

5th – Andy Nash & Kev Pocock; Punch Score: 2400, Special Stage: 490, Total Score = 2890

6th – Nick Anderson & Nev Hudd; Punch Score: 2400, Special Stage: 450, Total Score = 2850

7th – Steve Beck & Adrian Dayley; Punch Score: 2340, Special Stage: 470, Total Score = 2810

8th – Dan Elias & Adrian Turner; Punch Score: 2400, Penalty: 50, Special Stage: 350, Special Stage Penalty: 100, Total Score = 2600

9th – Richard Bunce & Howard Stone; Punch Score: 2300, Special Stage: 390, Special Stage Penalty: 300, Total Score = 2390

10th – Adrian Catchpole & Mark Catchpole; Punch Score: 1840, Special Stage: 460, Total Score = 2300

11th – Paul Edney & Trevor Thomas; Punch Score: 1600, Special Stage: 400, Special Stage Penalty: 100, Total Score = 1900

12th – Zoltan Guzi & Lee Marchant; Punch Score: 1560, Special Stage: 370, Special Stage Penalty: 100, Total Score = 1830

13th – Andrew Beck & Martyn Pateman; Punch Score: 1320, Special Stage: 410, Total Score = 1730

14th – Philion Parpottas & Alex Parpottas; Punch Score: 60, Total Score = 60

Class 2

1st – Andrew Billingham & Elie Joseph; Punch Score: 1900, Penalty: 50, Special Stage: 500, Special Stage Penalty: 100, Total Score = 2250

2nd – Kevin Moss & Rob Jones; Punch Score: 1920, Special Stage: 420, Special Stage Penalty: 100, Total Score = 2240

3rd – Ben Champion & Martin Champion; Punch Score: 1200, Special Stage: 360, Total Score = 1560

4th – Jack Baldwin & Tom Allen; Punch Score: 400, Total Score = 400

What a little gem of a site - in the dry, anyway!!

We had a great day. A little disappointed that we didn't get more punches done, but still really enjoyed the ones that were set out. Some very good technical sections and some that were very deceiving!!

Thanks to the setter-uppers and the organisers for another great event!!

Bring on the big finale...

Great Day a big thanks to Adee my co driver for running so hard today and diving like a mad man through all the thorns and nettles ! It was good to nearly clear up (1 punch missed) after our recent mechanical problems on the last few events. A big thank you to Paul Bass for the supply of a steering box pipe which otherwise would have ended our day at lunch time. Home safe and sound with "just" a snapped exhaust on the Coach (we still had a least 6 inches of exhaust after the turbo , the rest held off the road by a ratchet strap !!)

I was home with in 2 hours :P. So this event was nice and local for me!

I love the site, some great sections to drive.

The car with it's new tyres on was a different world! It was a waste of time carrying a ground anchor because we did not use it at all, all day! at one point we thought the winch was going to be made redundant aswell! LOL :(

As usual Ade, dragged me round like a Pro! :D He even kept me on atleast 1 wheel all day! And with our reputation I think it was good not to destroy the car! nothing broken to report as of yet.

Bit mythed about pen points on the punches, I know we knocked a cain over on a section and got pen points for it.... fair doo's but the car that followed us through on the same section hit the same cain and was seen by the same marshall and nothing :huh: ???

Thanks to the Official Wrexracing camara girl - Maria for the pictures below.

West Harp tree

Dan

First - Andy Nash

Second - Nick Anderson

Last - Dan Elias

Well it was a long way to travel for little more than a bbq, at least we got one punch :ph34r:, think an engine rebuild or part rebuild may be on the way :blink:, two weeks time till the De-Cider lets hope we can make it past the bbq next time, would have been a really good day by the looks of it, punches looked good.

Cheers

Alex

Bit mythed about pen points on the punches, I know we knocked a cain over on a section and got pen points for it.... fair doo's but the car that followed us through on the same section hit the same cain and was seen by the same marshall and nothing :huh: ???

Thanks to the Official Wrexracing camara girl - Maria for the pictures below.

West Harp tree

Dan

First - Andy Nash

Second - Nick Anderson

Last - Dan Elias

Got agree with you there Dan, funny how we saw the ''same'' marshall make a hand justure to write down the penilty........thats not shown on the final result's!! it make's me feel like we were the target for the weekend!!! <_<

Many thanks to Simon for standing in at late notice and being my co-driver. He did an astounding job for his first challenge event.

Also many thanks to Lee for arranging Simon as my co-driver.

I had a great time, unfortunately my car had a minor overheating problem (which meant we had to stop every so often to let it cool down :( )

Had a brilliant time so thanks to all involved.

Bit of a cockup with wiring, abit of a rush getting the truck ready and cut away some of the front panel so i could get the winch in and out, the panel lost abit of strength. When there was abit of weight on the bonnet it came down and touched one of the winch motor terminals, welded the bonnet to the terminal, melted the wire connecting the earths on the batteries which then touched a terminal on the split charge relay ruining it, the cab then filled with smoke and i was out in a flash. Spent the rest of the day winching a little then waiting for it charge for a few more feet.

Really liked the site and some fantastic pictures so far.

Dan/Adrian,

You were NOT the target for the day, and only received penalty points for knocking down the cane to do with the punches. However Dan, you put your foot down and knocked over the cane which had no chance of standing up. Adrian then placed the cane back into its position, and it was never knocked back into the ground properly, so in my opinion it was not secure in the ground. When the said people then passed the cane and brushed it with their vehicle, the cane fell over. I felt it was unfair to issue them with penalty points, due to the fact it was my fault that I had not knocked the cane back into the ground, thus making it secure.

However, in the rest of the competition there were two other competitors that also got issued penalty points for doing the same thing that you did to the same cane. It would be nice that if you had a problem with the scores and you did not agree with them, that you came to us first before airing your grieves in public on the forum. It is very hard to keep everything in check and there is many times where I hear about people doing things which are wrong, but because a marshal has not actually seen it I can’t do anything about it.

We try hard to get the scores done as quickly as possible on the day and they are made available at the end of the event for everyone to view.

Sara

Hi all,What a great venue, Had a fab day and New P/Best for our punches :) Shame we popped a tyre on the special stage and started coming off the rim :(

Sorry i could not hang around to help clear up as per norm but a 3am alarm was set for work this morning :blink:

I have finished my season now and handed over the keys to Ian ( the trucks owner) For him to compete the last round,

See you all there and the fireworks night also ;)

Hey,

Many thanks to all on sunday, was my first event as Co-Driver for andrew(Zardos) had a great time (willing to help again anytime just let me know).

Fantastic people, good team spirit couldnt have asked for more.

Cheers

Simon

Yes, I seem to recall that section being a bit 'tippy'!!!

I managed to drive in with just the front winch pulling me up, but it was right on the limit, so once the punch was achieved, we rigged the rear winch to a tree and back to the cage and it was much more comfortable on the way out!!

Thoughts of a centre winch are swimming round my mind at the mo......

Yes, I seem to recall that section being a bit 'tippy'!!!

I managed to drive in with just the front winch pulling me up, but it was right on the limit, so once the punch was achieved, we rigged the rear winch to a tree and back to the cage and it was much more comfortable on the way out!!

Thoughts of a centre winch are swimming round my mind at the mo......

Centre winch all the way! fantastic!!!

With that punch we winched up to the punch lowered down then went out of the top! nice and simple no! dodgy moments! :D

Dan

will your truck be at Abingdon Dan? would like to have a poke around it :)... was a bit too shiney last time i saw it in the flesh!!

Yes I think I will be at abingdon with it! it's not shiney now! Nothing on it is shiney now :unsure: But poke it as much as you want :rolleyes:

Dan