Raptor Console

I have been looking for somewhere to put the onboard PC as it's currently attached to the back of my console and has had a few close calls when wading the other though is if there is room the ECU.

The new dash fitted over the week end looks good although Im' going have to add thing to fill up the space.

Arfnoon all

I don't half wish this thread was started 12 months ago.

I got bought the Iron Goat dash (kerching)!! and to be honest the Raptor one looks a great deal better. The biggest drawback with the IG version is that everything has it's place already decided for you when you get it, Radio, rockers ect..

I've now got the Roof console from TBRUK which adds room for the CB plus much better interior lighting and a small storage locker.

I'm loving my set up now but could've saved myself a fortune if I'd known about the Raptor one.

Bought one of these consoles at the Driffield show this year and I think its fantastic, I admit, it took me longer than suggested to fit, mainly because of trying to cut apart a land rover dash in the middle of a showground campsite in the middle of the night :lol: but now its finished ( bar a few gauges) It looks brilliant!

Please build a roof console :) Would love one!

Will try and get some pictures up of the console shortly

If you do go ahead and manufacture the roof console, maybe a place for a

couple of map reading lights (eyeball type similar to a Mondeo or similar)

you can then get these lights from the scrappy.

I'm sure you'll get plenty of other suggestions and end up with a console

the size of a cupboard :D

Good luck with your future projects,

Jon

Hi there.

Just been talking to Phil. Nice guy. Phoned him twice, once being at 9pm and he was still willing to help.

I do have a concern that maybe the gearstick / my hand will hit the console when changing gear. Is this the case?

Similarly, I think that covering the panels with some leather cloth might be a tactile / upmarket alternative to metal.

All in all though I think it seems to be a good product and that Phil seems extremely affable.

If someone could tell me if they have fitted it with aircon or if the gearstick hits it then great.

Finally, does the air coming in from the outside flaps get lost because of the console, and would I need to insulate the rear of it to kill noise?

Alan

just fitted my console and pleasantly surprised at ease of fitting and how accessible everything is once fitted :i-m_so_happy::i-m_so_happy::i-m_so_happy:

the console is fitted with there undertray storage and still doesnt interfere with the gearstick

09102009167.jpg

Nice install!

Do you have an external speaker for the CB? And does the CB sit in a cradle of some sort behind the facia.

Hi chaps

Thank you all again for more kind words.

to answer a few questions. Yes it fits fine with air con, you need to remove about 5mm fron the bottom edge but if you let me know when ordering i will do it for you. The cb mounts to a pair of mounting brackets that come with the dash. If anyone has the brushed ally and wants it anodising after they have cut out what they want send it back to me and i will sort it for you. I will shortly be putting photos of the specials that i have cut for folk. all i need is for somone wanting to fitt the kitchen sink in to one and i will have coverd everything.

one chap had 14 switches, what they all do i dont know but i hope he has a big battery.

There is a cutting template in the box so the cut out is sorted for you, from the feedback i have the best method is to remove the screws holing the top plastic trim in place (dont bother taking off the grab handle at the left) tape the plastic trim to the windscreen out of the way.stick the template to a bit of plywood, use the 2 marked holes to bolt the template to the dash where the origanal plate was fitted,

stanly knife across the bottom and up the 2 sides, remove the template and the soft stuff that you have cut through. now cut the steel away behind it (you will find thst there is a section to the right and left that is already cut. just cut as if to underline the old round clock holes. the finish down the 2 sides needs to be good but the bottom will not show so dont need to be spot on. Now put the plastic trim back on with its screws. use a hacksaw blade upside down to cut the plastic trim upwords DONE. I had one chap at the show who ws showing off in front of a crowd saying "its not possible to fit the console in 20 mins" I invited him to bring his motor over and if i couldnt do it in 20 mins it was his for free. In fromt of a crowd with 10 folk timing me it took me 9 1/2 mins "sold to the man with the big gob" shouted the biggest bloke i have ever seen in my life. It was priceless.

Ayway thanks again chaps, my email link from the site has been playing up so it you have sent an iquiry and i havnt answerd please re send.

Is anyone going down to the show at shepton mallet this comming weekend to claim there pint.

Best regards

Phil

Hi all

anyone going to the show 17th and 18th October bath and west showground, shepton Mallet. I am driving down from sheffield and cant take my landy as i have to drive the van this time, if anyone would like free entry to the show in exchange for you parking your defender on my pitch for the day or weekend please give me a call. I want to desplay my high lift ramps but need a defender to do so. If you have one of the raptor consoles fitted that would be better still. If not and you want one it will be free and fitted for you if i have your motor for the weekend.

Massive spairs sales incrdible off road on site, club desplays camping £10.00 per night set up fri pm show on sat sun Just £8.00 on the gate of £6.00 pre booked.

camping call 01775768661 trade call 07973272948 autojumble call 01253407779

• 1 year later...

Nice neat wiring :)

Damm, that is an understatement. Nice job :o. Redcard, Want to rewire my truck? ;)

I should try and take a few photos of mine (got it from Phill when he did the Bath and West show ground back in 2009).

The only custom thing I did was stretch black vinyl over the metal frame to blend it in a little better with the stock dash. The result was not great but is quite serviceable and the console is so damm tough :).