New Console

I have installed the raptor console to get my electrics and gauges tidied up. The rev counter will come in later.

post-12328-12589056293_thumb.jpg

First I have to say that the console is a proper kit, the quality is good and the installation is easy.

However, there are some disadvantages which may have to be thought about. (at least for a 96 300 tdi 90)

- The undertray cannot be fitted. It fouls the gear lever. Not possible to get in any of the upper gears with the tray fitted.

post-12328-125890568208_thumb.jpg

- The area where, in my case, the radio is located is extremely tight to the gear lever. You cannot leave the hand on top of the lever without touching the radio.

post-12328-125890571312_thumb.jpg

- The vent grids are completely covered by the console. Something to divert the airflow to the sides would be very good.

However, apart from that I'm happy. It just looks great.

Something to consider - mark / write on the dash the items, then remove and take it to an engraver

you'll be suprised but it won't cost much - then rub paint into the engraving and wipe off,

leaves the engraving then in paint- neater (and Blinger :D ) than dyno'd labels

Nige

PS What is the guage top right ????

Good idea. I will fit an auto. ...probably I should think about a more powerful engine then as well. What else can we fit around the console??? :P:P:P

The instrument is a Madman EMS2 engine monitor. In my case it monitors coolant level, coolant temp, transfer box or oil temp, EGT and turbo-boost. Nice toy.

You would be able to fit 3 carling switches, I guess. Might be tight for 4. If you are interested to find out exactly, pm me and I measure.

Actually I like the Dyno-Lables. Makes it looking like 70's quarry plant. It's a Defender, not a Supra! :lol: