Hogmore 28th March

jules

Large site suitable for all levels of experience - as challenging as you wish to make it. Sand, Sand and more deep sand with intermittent deep water!

Any level of off roader will enjoy this military site.

Boundary points will be described by marshals on the day and may be barrier taped - please do not cross these.

Do not touch the tanks!!

Care does need to be taken in some areas as sand can be very soft and deceptively difficult to drive, likewise water may disguise sinking sand. If in doubt walk it first. We recommend vehicles have suitable recovery points, front and rear. As with all our events individuals should bring their own recovery gear, Marshall's are on hand for help

Great Family day out with good visibility for spectators.

You can join and drive on the Day.

Club link for details

• 2 weeks later...

I hope the site drys out a bit for you all by the weekend. At our safari on sunday, it can only be described as 'sand soup'.

There's also loads of restrictions currently in place on the site. The old train line to the east, and any track 'through the trees' is out of bounds, which means sticking to the wide sand tracks, which are mostly bottomless slop.

I'm sure Sandy the land warden will turn up and tell you what's in / out of bounds.

Are they not restrictions for the comp safaris?

I does look rather wet in the video! :)

Well they apply to the Army too, so I doubt a play day would be exempt! It's obvious from looking around the site that various visitors have tried to climb every bank and flatten every small tree they could find, so the site does need some time to recover. Although I can't quite understand why they are too fussed if it's going to be bulldozed to make way for a new 'eco-town' in the next couple of years.

A LOT of sand, probably a fair-sized lake too with the recent rains. The main tracks are wide because F huge tanks go down them regularly.

The wooded areas have hills and narrower tracks, there are little clearing areas around where it's less wooded but there are more hills etc.

Will see what the SLRC officials say regarding it I guess :)