Thanks to LR4x4.com

Hello peeps.

As many iof you know for my sins I now create and edit the HBRO mag, next one due to be closed and with printers in a matter of 7-10 days..........

I have just done the Peugeot 405 wiper mod (see tech archive).

I should have done it ages ago, it is a really truly superb modification.

I am so impressed with it I thought it would

1. Be a really good tip in the club mag for the members

2. Promote LR4x4.com, as I would give full and obvious credit and links / url to here !

I PM'd both TC (Tech Archive Mod) and Les H (Sir Les Chairman 'n' Catflap Guru extrodinaire) and asked if it would be acceptable ?and could I have permission.?

Both said yes, particularly as I asked and would promote site and give full credit.

Many here are HBRO members,

I did not wnat you to see the article in the Mag and not be aware that I asked (and obtained) permission.

Hope this is ok with all of you

Regards

Nige

Hello peeps.

As many iof you know for my sins I now create and edit the HBRO mag, next one due to be closed and with printers in a matter of 7-10 days..........

I have just done the Peugeot 405 wiper mod (see tech archive).

I should have done it ages ago, it is a really truly superb modification.

I am so impressed with it I thought it would

1. Be a really good tip in the club mag for the members

2. Promote LR4x4.com, as I would give full and obvious credit and links / url to here !

I PM'd both TC (Tech Archive Mod) and Les H (Sir Les Chairman 'n' Catflap Guru extrodinaire) and asked if it would be acceptable ?and could I have permission.?

Both said yes, particularly as I asked and would promote site and give full credit.

Many here are HBRO members,

I did not wnat you to see the article in the Mag and not be aware that I asked (and obtained) permission.

Hope this is ok with all of you

Regards

Nige

So now we are affiliated with a magazine are we? :P

Chris

Guest diesel_jim

Any chance anyone could post the pictures on that link... i'm not a member of that forum and don't really fancy signing up to another chat forum..... i get enough ear bending from SWMBO already about the amount of time i sit at this desk!! :rolleyes::D

Fitted some to my mates hybrid racer a bit back, they where a peugeot/citroen part (kindly supplied by mmgemini, thanks Mike) as fitted to a number of peugeot/citroen motors, and they do indeed work a treat. As do the multi nozzle washer jets the VWP sell when attached to the wiper arm.

IMG_0955.JPG

IMG_0954.JPG

are a couple of mine

Dead simple just get the washer jets froma Peugeot 405 with as much tubing as you can get

tee it into the defender single tube

cable tie the new plastic fittings to the wiper arms put the tubes through the nwley fitted gromets

then you have decent washers

I don't

the pics are old and the sticker was placed there as was requested atthe time, to try and help generate a few sticker sales.

those were the days when LRE was ok.

never actually stuck it on if you look closley :)

I'll take some fresh pics and do away with those old ones

Having driven 106/306/some 405's

Lorries also have this screen adaption washer wiper dump loads of water on the screen.

IMHO

I could never get on with this system as when at speed you cant see a think while there working which can be as long as 10 seconds.

at 90 that can be a little worrying

and at speed the wipers are much more likly to lift off the screen

(mind you defender wipers lift off and lock the screen at 115+ anyway)

there alway catching leaves

a pain to get mud out of

I will stick with my Volvo style four bonnet mounted jets.

Sorry just my findings over time

• 3 months later...

Has anyone got Peugeot part numbers for these and managed to get them from a motor factors/dealer? If they're not too dear it'll save me having to find a scrapyard with a 405 in it.

Is it just one piece or do you have to get clips as well to hold them to the wiper arm?

Richard

Richard,

Generally I use ‘All Parts’ at Marsh Barton ……………. They normally will let you have a wander round.

There is another at Tiverton ………… cant remember the name but its near Tiverton Parkway Station………….. his prices are very resonable

The other one that I have used , again I cant remember the name, is at Honiton on the A30 at the en of the Honiton bypass and next door the the Little Chef…… not cheap but always good quality.

Then there is Olympus at Heathfield (Newton Abbot) ….............run by a bunch of pikeys :rolleyes:

Ian

• 3 weeks later...

Cheers for that Ian, I was going to pop into one of those last week but forgot before I came back here so I ordered some from a Peugeot dealer as I wanted to get it done.

Part number appears to be 643861 and it's listed as a "Spraying Ramp", cost £5.75+VAT each, so £13.50 for the two. My local motor factors said it's a dealer only part.

Thought that might be useful for anyone else who doesn't want to trawl around scrapyards for the bits :D

Also needed some tubing and connectors, both found at the local GreenDIY garden place.

Arm.jpg

The arm, comes with a bit of pipe bonded to it but it's not long enough

ArmFitted.jpg

Fitted with some cable ties

Dash.jpg

Pipes behind the dash, I've done it so that the existing washer jets work too.

Hope that's of use to someone,

Richard