Battery junction box?

Maverik

I’ve got plans to create a new wiring harness for my headlights and my Auxiliary lights, in the region of 600w of lighting to wire up, I’m all sorted with how I’m going to do it except I’m unsure of where to take the main power from on the loom, or straight off the battery?

I have 5 power take off’s at the moment, one 20Amp and four 15Amp.

Where is the best place to take this power off?

http://madelectrical.com/catalog/cn-1.shtml

I was thinking of putting something like this in my battery box? Anyone got one done similar?

Cheers

I took mine (SIII) off the battery because it is near the front and used fused relays for the lights, fastened to the radiator panel.

This keeps high current wiring short and allows thin wires to connect to the switches.

I took my spot light feed on my TD5 directly from the back of the alternator to the relay (switched from an ignition live feed) works without problems, just disconnect the battery first to avoid welding the spanner!!!

Jason.

There was a thread ages ago in the defender section on those auxillary fuseboxes - very good solution. The link is at home on my laptop at home. I saved it at the time to do similar things. Will post it up later.

There was a thread ages ago in the defender section on those auxillary fuseboxes - very good solution. The link is at home on my laptop at home. I saved it at the time to do similar things. Will post it up later.

That woul be usefull.

Does anyone know anywhere else I can get these from, after you've added VAT and postage it getting on for 50 squid... bit pricey...

That woul be usefull.

Does anyone know anywhere else I can get these from, after you've added VAT and postage it getting on for 50 squid... bit pricey...

Its quite probably worth that price. The nice thing about that box is that it really easily allows the earths from big appliances to be run back to the box. Using a 2 core wire would make that nice and easy. I'll dig out the link in a bit.

I think I might have had something to do with that original thread...

I have a 6-way one of these - Click Me!!! They do a 12-way one, too.

I got mine from - Click me too!!! It wasn't cheap (definitely sub-£30) but was the best I could find at the time.

I expect there are other places to get them now (Devon 4x4 do a similar product, but just for the positive side), but the important thing for me was that there were both positive and negative feeds to the fuse box. This means only one (fairly substantial in your case) feed for each back to the battery, rather than multiple wires or multiple earth points around the vehicle.

Know of a sealed version of the above boxes? I'm leaning towards putting one fusebox in the battery box and one under the bonnet and having one with a good o-ring seal would be ideal there.

That woul be usefull.

Hiya,

Im just setting about rerouting spaggetti in mine, i picked this up last night from Maplins £10.99

post-19709-127071479512_thumb.jpg

its not going to be water proof as its openish underneath, but i think you could seal it with silicone? the clear top fits tightly

Hope this helps?