howlin wolf

saley

Read THIS!!!!!!!

Exactly what i thought.

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=55178

I'm no expert but I believe that the XTC is run under MSA rules which are more akin to the Comp Safari rules, perhaps that's where the mud guard thing comes from. Challenge has it's own set of rules in the Blue Book this year.

My whole point is that i would assume that mudguards are a safety issue.

Im sure the sport dosent need any more bad publicity such as some body loosing sight in an eye due to a vehicle not having mudguards?.

If a regulation is there, surely its there for a reason? otherwise there would be no reason for rules or regulations.

The point is they were never fitted in the first place!!

yes they were fitted... and yes they did comply to the regs and pass scruteneering... however they got damaged on the first night section on Saturday evening...

Even the 2009 champ's vehicle mudguards got damaged... ours were constructed in exactly the same manor...

So pipe down you whiney bitch... :rolleyes: if you have a problem, please feel free to contact the MSA about it, we complied to the regs and have done nothing wrong... So knock you're self out...

Got damaged on the XTC as well then did they??

nope... we had none fitted at XTC... but we were allowed to compete on the agrement they were fitted for the next event... which they were... however they did not last long...

as I say, please free to contact the MSA if you have a problem...

I agree with you rob, I could understand the rant if it give you an advantage it probably makes things worse mud going all over the place.

Like your avitar pic thou, showing how it looks without flaps :-) lol.. You might need to upgrade from corn flake packet mud flaps to Frosties see if they last longer. ( trying to make lite of the comments Mark)

I agree with you rob, I could understand the rant if it give you an advantage it probably makes things worse mud going all over the place.

Like your avitar pic thou, showing how it looks without flaps :-) lol.. You might need to upgrade from corn flake packet mud flaps to Frosties see if they last longer. ( trying to make lite of the comments Mark)

I think the point is, all vehicles must comply to the rules, at scrutaneering, i know there are always minor issues, but as long as the vehicle is deemed safe "for all spectators, crew, other entrants ect" then it should be ok, if bitz fall off during an event, then that dosnt matter, unless the vehicle rolls and then it is required to be rescrutaneered, "speed event only i think" so if bits are missing and it dose not comply with rules" then it should not be allowed to carry on. (Maybe varnish the cardbord??) ;)

I have pictures of our buggy from Saturday evening... witht he MG's fitted... and passed scuteneering... we then done all 4 night sections on Saturday and during the course of the evening they all but 1 got damaged...

The mudguards them selves were made of "corex" just the same as 2009 champ's vehicle... However there was no requirement for re-scruteneering on Sunday morning, so it appeared that we we're setting off from the get go with none fitted...

Glaggs's first slide show shows the buggy on the trailer with the brackets fited before we had fitted the corex mudguards... (pre-scruteneering)

So if anyone else has a problem, please feel free to email me @ offroadarmory@googlemail.com or call me on 07799 544141... or alternatively as I have already said, knock yourself out and contact the MSA and tell them about this vehicle competing after his mudguards had been damaged...

thank you, and goodnight...

Rob

I have pictures of our buggy from Saturday evening... witht he MG's fitted... and passed scuteneering... we then done all 4 night sections on Saturday and during the course of the evening they all but 1 got damaged...

The mudguards them selves were made of "corex" just the same as 2009 champ's vehicle... However there was no requirement for re-scruteneering on Sunday morning, so it appeared that we we're setting off from the get go with none fitted...

So, going with this method, If a truck rolls and damages the cage on a night event but there is no scruteneering the following day it is ok to continue?

Its the same concept....

So, going with this method, If a truck rolls and damages the cage on a night event but there is no scruteneering the following day it is ok to continue?

Its the same concept....

I think it's fair to say that damaging a roll cage is more serious than losing a mud guard.

Not quite the same concept to me, I can see a big difference.

I think it's fair to say that damaging a roll cage is more serious than losing a mud guard.

Not quite the same concept to me, I can see a big difference.

There is no difference, Its the fact that if something happens to the truck in the night sections and there is no scruitineering it should not be allowed to continue unless it has been checked over.

• 2 weeks later...