Front dislocation cones

Susp4.jpg

I haven't found them necessary, as although one side comes out , the shape of the bottom seat guides it back in the right place anyway. The spring won't fall out because the shock is there. If the axle dropped further then I'd want a taller guide on the bottom, so the spring can't be pushed off its seat. Are springs retained in any way at the top? I didn't change mine so I don't know :)

Richard

i am running scorpion front dislocation cones with paddocks -2" top mounts and procomp +2" ES9000 with proc omp +2" + 15% str springs. they dislocate but only about 1" if that, sorry cant find a pic, but in reality i dont think they are really needed with a simply suspension setup. bushes limit the travel thereafter anyway!

More seriously mine dislocate under full droop but they can't fall out so for now I live with it.

Retaining them at the bottom and fitting upper (scorion type) disloction cones just seems to disort them badly. Better to use lower (anyone do them?) cones and wire in the spring top.

Liable to cause an extension followed by a dislocation but that is not really a subject fit for discussion on here :ph34r:

I think in that pic they arent dislocated - I saw a recent picture and they seem to have a lot more droop, not sure it looks such an appealing setup anymore <_<

If you can wait until Billing time - I have something a lot cooler than any of the above!

One or two of you have seen it on my back axle - but it will work on the front too (I've dumped the air on the back - this works better!).

Keeping it quiet for now - too many exoskeletal creatures watching!

Si