Wheel Arches

I'm sure I read a topic recently about this...(I'll have a look) are they not fitted to all new TDCI's? rather than the metal ones... I'm not sure they are covers, but actually the inner panel...

I found this CLF000280 according to lrseries, its a liner for a defender...

Cheers Chris. Yes its the inner panel im meaning. Its actually instead of the usual metal one. Im thinking it could be quite a good idea for me to consider, given the stage im at in my build. Never need to worry about rust, thats for sure..

If they are indeed fitted to the new tdci's, would there be anything different about them meaning they couldnt be retro-fitted to older defenders?

Phil

...... the old ones were rusted through I guess its the constant pebble dashing and road salt that blasts through the galv coating.

That could very well explain it. Thats why i figured the new plastic ones would be a prudent move seeing as i have everything stripped at the front already.

No amount of pebble-dashing will rust the ABS through.... ;)

Phil

I got in touch with chadler as he said he had some - no reply..

He sold them to me, and I know he was moving house so he may have missed your message. I've not seen them yet (except as a photo) - they have been collected by a friend of mine close to him and I'll be getting them in a month or so. I'll report here on fitting them when I've done it.

Nick.