AWDC Howling wolf aftermath - Slindon

markyb

Whats all this snapping of ropes about? two of the ropes on RV4 have lasted since the beginning of HW series 09. The front we changed at the beginning of this year so thats only done the year but the mid and rear have both done two years. 11mm Dyneema Bowrope. Ends were swapped for this season and they are washed thoroughly by hand after every event.

James, it may also have something to do with the fact that Nick's truck is an awful lot lighter than most!!

My ropes are removed and washed after every event, too.

The front snapped on our last event after a nasty swing sideways on a near vertical slope made the rope jump and skip across the rocks. The rear had been snapped before (over 90 degree pull out of the rear winch...) and snapped again just before the splice...

James, it may also have something to do with the fact that Nick's truck is an awful lot lighter than most!!

My ropes are removed and washed after every event, too.

The front snapped on our last event after a nasty swing sideways on a near vertical slope made the rope jump and skip across the rocks. The rear had been snapped before (over 90 degree pull out of the rear winch...) and snapped again just before the splice...

i am not disputing it is lighter, i was just commenting that the ropes had lasted two years and alot seemed to be breaking theirs thats all. we also run a 12v B2 single motor front and thats it if you feel that helps. i understand the situations you describe, maybe they could of been avoided i dont know (or care) i wasn't there. All i was nearly stating is that our ropes have been used and have lasted.

Thank you all for coming! I enjoyed watching the night section, sitting round the fire and wondering around the next day (with a bit of a hang-over!).

Glad the head torches are OK. I've had almost the same model for a couple of years and have found it exceptional! It's difficult thinking of something that is genuinely useful to everyone whether they have a Land Rover or not. Generally I just go for something I'd like!

Looking forward to the AWDC Dinner - and to the scary disco dancing;)!

I'd like to thank Neil, Carrol, The Marshals and AWDC for allowing X-Eng to be a part of Howling Wolf.

Si

OK Here's some dates:

6 March - Walters Arena - Booked

10 April - Kirton - Booked

8 May - Uplands Coppice - Booked

12 June - Corwen - Booked

14 August - Cowm - tbc

11 September - TBA

9 October - New Site - TBA

13 November - Slindon - TBC

OK Here's some dates:

14 August - Cowm - tbc

11 September - TBA

13 November - Slindon - TBC

Damn, a return to Walters AND 2 new sites. I'm in the wrong country....

OK Here's some dates:

14 August - Cowm - Booked

11 September - TBA

13 November - Slindon - Booked