Mud Monsters and Gigglepin Challenge Series

Ruuman

Mud Monsters are teaming up with Gigglepin 4X4 for their 4 part challenge series. All of these will be held in the South East. These events will be run by Mud Monsters off road club with help and expert advice from all the team at Gigglepin 4x4. Gigglepin will be our main sponsor while we hope to have The Off Road Armory and Kam Diffs as well.

To enter any part of this series you must first be a member of Mud Monsters off road club. The cost of this is £25 a year (this will give you entry to all club events, not just the 4 part challenge series). Each round will have an entry cost of £45. We have camping on site for the Saturday night at each venue, so feel free to turn up from 4pm onwards to get set up and ready. We will have prizes at each round for 1st, 2nd, 3rd in classes 1 and 2 and a prize for 1st in the super mod class. At the end of the year trophies will be handed out to overall winners (1st, 2nd, 3rd) in classes 1 and 2 and the winner of the super mod class.

Each competition will have many hidden punches, taped winching sections and a timed special stage, enough to keep you busy all day. We do run a 2 class system but will add an extra class (super mod) so trucks with larger than 37" tyres, Hydro steer, Rear steer and Portal axles can enter if we get the need.

Our main aim is fun and safety. We will limit all events to a maximum of 40 teams. Each team is 1 truck with a driver and a co-driver. Each driver must be a member of Mud Monsters. Each Truck will have to pass scrutineering. Events will run from 9:30- 3:30 with a 30 min lunch break between 12-1 pm. Sign in and scrutineering starts at 7:30 am with drivers briefing at 9:15 and then off you go. Prize giving will be about 4pm.

Pay Pal Link will follow soon so you can sign up, at that point you will be sent an information pack by email.

Dates have been set

Round 1 Sunday 13 Feb, Slindon

Round 2 Sunday 24 April, Mud Monsters site

Round 3 Sunday 26 June, Muddy Bottom

Round 4 Sunday 4 September, Mud Monsters site (possibly a night section on sat night)

Yours

Mud Monsters & Gigglepin 4X4

www.mud-monsters.co.uk

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

After much discussion we have come up with the following regulations and class system. Any questions please ask. I'm at this moment coding up the payment system.

But it will be £45 per event, or £170 if you wish to pay for the whole series up front. If you are not a club member then you will need to join for an additional £25, this gives you a years membership to all the other fun things we do :)

Each event will consist of 40-60 punches in 20-30 taped sections with timed special stage.

Were very pleased to have Gigglepin4x4, KAM diffs and the Offroad Armoury sponsoring the event and they are supplying are some cracking prizes. As always we will be collecting and donating to Sussex search and rescue too.

Payment details, event info flyer and such will follow very soon.

Thanks

Ruu

Basic vehicle

• Must be safe to drive, working brakes, handbrake, engine can be killed quickly by switch or key, no leaky fuel tanks or lines, etc, etc.

• Batteries must be well secured

• You must have a working horn

• A fire extinguisher must be carried, minimum 1.75L, AFFF type and secured well

• Good recovery mounts on the front and rear of the vehicle

• An additional throttle spring must be fitted

• Working harnesses or seatbelts must be fitted

• Battery must be fitted with an isolator switch

• Vehicles do not need to be road legal, but anything unsafe will not pass scrutineering

Roll cages/roll over protection

Roll cages are not mandatory, but we would prefer if they were fitted especially in the more modified classes.

We have no specific rules on cage design. The MSA and ALRC have excellent guidance or cage design construction and we recommend following their documentation.

It’s expected that you will navigate obstacles and terrain that your vehicle is safe to deal with, so adopt a common sense approach.

The only exception is soft-top vehicles must have some form of roll over protection, in the case of a suzuki SJ the existing body hoop is acceptable, a canvas stick frame on a land rover isn’t. If you need clarification please contact us.

Winch/recovery equipment specific

• Gloves must be worn when handling and operating winches.

• Winch blankets must be used.

• Winch(s) must be fitted with an isolator switch (wired from the battery isolator is acceptable).

• Strops must be used when using tree’s as anchor points.

• Shackles should be rated and of appropriate strength for your vehicle.

• All recovery equipment must be well secured to prevent injury.

• Plasma ropes must be in good condition.

Event specific

• Car number stickers/sponsorship stickers must be displayed on your vehicle for the duration of the challenge series, if removed you will be charged £10 for replacements.

• Marshalls are on site for spectator safety and your safety. If you have any issue with a marshal, please report it to the head marshal. Any abuse of a marshal verbal or physical will not be tolerated.

• Helmets are recommended but optional.

• All drivers must be a Mud Monsters club member, co-drivers do not.

----------------------

Vehicle Classes

For this event Mud Monsters breaks trucks down into 3 classes on a points system.

Each winch is 1 point

Tyres 35inch or more 1 point (Will be measured from top of tire to ground on the day)

Each non factory fit axle differential traction aid (locker, lsd etc) is a 1 point.

Fiddle brakes are 1 point

Class 2 (modified)

2 or less points, this is where most people will fall, front winch and maybe some big tyres or a locker.

Class 3 (Challenge)

3 points or more, where the big boys play, multiple winches, full lockers

Class 4 (Supermod)

This is a new class, if your vehicle has any of these items you belong in this class:

• tyres bigger than 37inch (Will be measured from top of tire to ground on the day)

• rear steer

• portal axles

• hydraulic/pneumatically adjustable suspension

• Full hydraulic steering

Glad everyone thinks the classes are fair.

Are you going to put a list of Who's entered ;)

I'll put up a list soon, just need to decided best way to do it as LR4x4 doesn't allow you to edit old posts, were having another website upgrade soon so will probably pop a dedicate page on there.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Right for those who have entered I've sent out an online team/truck registration email, so please check you accounts and spam folders if you haven't got anything. Send me a PM if you have an issues.

Also we are very pleased to announcer Ashcroft Transmissions will also be sponsoring the event, so thanks to them for their kind support.

Thanks

Ruu

Glad everyone thinks the classes are fair.

I'll put up a list soon, just need to decided best way to do it as LR4x4 doesn't allow you to edit old posts, were having another website upgrade soon so will probably pop a dedicate page on there.

feel free to put up a list for the events individually.

Thought I'd put up the current entrants list, those who have signed up your packs should be in the post soon, If you think you should be on this list and are not let me know.

Also classes are only based on the info I have been given, these will be double checked on the day.

Cheers

Ruu

post-3730-0-45578200-1295910260_thumb.jpg

Update for the list...

- Team Name: O.R.A #69

- Driver: Rob Butler

- Co Driver: errrrm, I kind've haven't got one at present... I can't find anyone whos willing to put up with my abuse :hysterical: Are there any rules against competing solo? :D

- Vehicle: Jimny TB

- Class: Modified

Rob Butler

O.R.A

Thought I'd put up the current entrants list, those who have signed up your packs should be in the post soon, If you think you should be on this list and are not let me know.

Also classes are only based on the info I have been given, these will be double checked on the day.

Ruu I will let you know if I am competing in the 90 or marshaling in the Disco on Sunday week, depends on the success of the major winch upgrades, sorry I can't give more notice either way.

Hi all, just to let you know I have just emailed out the Slindon info pack to all signed up competitors, please check your email. Give me a shout if you haven't got it.

Hi

I am keen to come along and spectate can you let me have details of how to find the event?

I am in the process of adapting my trialler for winch challenge events and it would be good to see how the event works and also take a look at some of the vehicles competing.

Many thanks

Bigant

Hi I am keen to come along and spectate can you let me have details of how to find the event?I am in the process of adapting my trialler for winch challenge events and it would be good to see how the event works and also take a look at some of the vehicles competing.Many thanksBigant

Postcode is

BN18 0LX

Situated on north side of A27 between Arundel and Fontwell West Sussex Nearly opposite Stakis Hotel turning.

www.4x4driving.co.uk/images/4x4Driving_Map_Large.pdf

If your coming to spectate please wear a yellow hi-vis. The main gate will be closed from 10ish so please try to get there before then.

looking forward to this, my first time being a winch bitch :) I'll be in Bushpig with my mate

Glad to hear the old girl is running again :)