So What's With The Revived Lre Forum?

LR90

Looks familiar but all the mods are over here?

We regret to announce the closure of the LAND ROVER enthusiast forum. We are grateful however to Trevor Cuthbert, one of our moderators, who has agreed to assume responsibility for the archives. All of the information contained in the LAND ROVER enthusiast forum is now available at Land Rover Addict.

John

Not sure if it's revived or not, all the forums are back (with original post & thread counts) and this is at the top of the page now:

We regret to announce the closure of the LAND ROVER enthusiast forum. We are grateful however to Trevor Cuthbert, one of our moderators, who has agreed to assume responsibility for the archives. All of the information contained in the LAND ROVER enthusiast forum is now available at Land Rover Addict.
:unsure::huh:

All just feels very odd.

Nothing against Bigfoot but that quote suggest there is still a 'management' group around and the absence of many of the usual suspects is disturbing.

And who's Cherry? Just registered and their only post is to congratulate Bigfoot. Hey they must have been pleased to go to the trouble of registering to make that post.

And who's Cherry? Just registered and their only post is to congratulate Bigfoot. Hey they must have been pleased to go to the trouble of registering to make that post.

Not the PM's wife!!

At least the archives are available or so we are led to believe.

John

I must say that I rather like THIS place, as it seems to be fairly independant. The good thing about the LRE forum though, is the wealth of knowledge that is stored in the data banks. I don't know how one would go about it, but would it be possible to transfer at least some of the remaining data from that forum to this one, in case that one goes down again? That way we can have the best of both worlds - independant forum with lots of historically built knowledge.

I see the International forum has become the British Isles forum, and there is now a European forum (again). This was tried before, and didn't work at all. I persuaded the PTB that it would be better to have an Africa forum instead. I am still a mod on the Africa forum, and I see that Des Morgan has been resurrected as a mod by Bigfoot according to my PM's

I think I prefer it over here....