Calling International Rescue

fruity

Due to circumstances beyond my control I've had to let Bish down this weekend in his pursuit of making the Bishtail run on God's fuel, and can't offer much help till next week.

He'll be pulling his hair out/herniating himself trying to swap v8/zf/borg warner for Tdi200/zf/lt230 on his drive, probably in the only thunder storm in the country, on his tod, and all this for a man who's team of man servants and wallah's have up and left his employ on the grounds that he's pulling a v8 to fit some dodgy, stinky oil burner.

If you're not up to much this week end and could spare a couple of hours, I know he'll be very grateful and you'll be going a short way to easing my concience.

BTW I think he's short of an engine crane, Tdi timing kit & sprocket pullers, chunky trolley jack, arc/mig to stick the new engine mounts and about 20 hours of spanner time.

Cheers muchly,

Jonathan.

Due to circumstances beyond my control I've had to let Bish down this weekend in his pursuit of making the Bishtail run on God's fuel, and can't offer much help till next week.

He'll be pulling his hair out/herniating himself trying to swap v8/zf/borg warner for Tdi200/zf/lt230 on his drive, probably in the only thunder storm in the country, on his tod, and all this for a man who's team of man servants and wallah's have up and left his employ on the grounds that he's pulling a v8 to fit some dodgy, stinky oil burner.

If you're not up to much this week end and could spare a couple of hours, I know he'll be very grateful and you'll be going a short way to easing my concience.

BTW I think he's short of an engine crane, Tdi timing kit & sprocket pullers, chunky trolley jack, arc/mig to stick the new engine mounts and about 20 hours of spanner time.

Cheers muchly,

Jonathan.

I am going round on Saturday - I have some idea what I am doing but no engine lift. I have a trolley jack though... We'll get through. :)

Chris

I'm up to my eyeballs in doing mine, so I can't ofer any help

but.... I do have a 1000 Kilo engine hoist which lifted my V8 and box out complete and did the same with the TDI/box , which can be borrowed if someone wants to come and get it from Stroud ?

it folds up and comes to bits, so its a easy lift and fits in a car

bollovks

wish i had seen this earlier- Bish hope you get things done mate- i have now tied myself up for the weekend (figaritevely of course).

if you are still busy tomorrow i will see if can pop round for a bit.

He is still going to be busy tomorrow... and Monday, Tuesday and, likely as not, Wednesday. :) We got lots done today though; the Tdi has had it's timing belt changed and is ready to be lifted out. I left as Bish and Mark90 were working on getting the transfer box out of the Rangie. :)

Chris

As Chris says, a lot done, but a fair bit left to do!

A very very big thanks to Chris and Mark for giving up their time to help out do all the work whilst I looked on helplessly! The generosity of folk on this forum never ceases to amaze me.

Also on behalf of Chris and Mark, a big pair of thank yous to Turbocharger for his contribution to the afternoon's proceedings. This being a family oriented forum prevents me from elaborating :lol::lol::ph34r: .

So far the Disco is ready for the engine and box to come out. The transfer case is off and the only job remaiing is to change the autobox filter.... once I've cleared up the second Exxon Valdez episode of this engine swap :ph34r: .

On the rangie, the exhaust is off the engine, props, handbrake, cross member and transfer case are also off.

Tomorrow will see the engine fluids drained, radiator out and air con moved out of the way. That and 101 other bits of electrikery to disconnect and I shall be ready for the return of Fruity with engine crane and welder early next week.

Still plenty of Jaffa Cakes and bacon sarnies available to anyone who is at a loose end tomorrow.....!

Still plenty of Jaffa Cakes and bacon sarnies available to anyone who is at a loose end tomorrow.....!

You'll have to eat my share, would have come upto help, but I'm waiting on a new front main wiring loom from Autosparks.

just PM'd you too

would a very large drip tray be of any use to you?

Yeh, about 10' x 20' would be about right :lol:

I have to say i was better fed and watered than I would have been at home working on my own truck. Thanks Bish Marie :)

Is this why you rang me the other night Charles?

Sorry, only got your message last night. Been a long weekend of Hayseed Dixies in Frome, Beer, Cider, Fish and chips in various seaside towns, sleasy pubs et al. Only just got back from many pints of Pimms?BBQed Prawns over the road. My RnR before the sh*thole that is billing.