electirc door's

I did see a kit somewhere recently, but can't for the life of me remember where now.

try these.someone else on here has done the same with a kit from these guys, www.rclick.co.uk

i'm going to do it with my 88 110 and put central locking on the front doors.

I am trying not to hijack this thread, but does anyone know if you can take the electric bits out of a Discovery or Range Rover door and fit into a Defender door?

If you could without too much effort then you could to this convertion very cheaply. Disco and Rangey doors are pretty cheap to buy :D

I am trying not to hijack this thread, but does anyone know if you can take the electric bits out of a Discovery or Range Rover door and fit into a Defender door?

If you could without too much effort then you could to this convertion very cheaply. Disco and Rangey doors are pretty cheap to buy :D

The issue you have is the thickness of the doors compared to the RR or Disco, think you'd struggle to fit the workings in.

I have genuine defender eleccy window regulators fitted to my 110. Even from Bearmach etc, they are inexpensive and are just a bolt in replacement for the hand ones.

In a Td5 you can use D1 window switches in the centre console which fit in the same holes. Mine have been on for a few months and I love them! Being able to wind the passenger window down a touch when its hot or wind it up before you drive through a muddy hole is great!

I would beware of some after market ones. I've had two prevoiusly which were not strong enough to reliably work long term. Neither lasted more than a couple of months and both were more expensive than the genuine ones when they were launched.

Si

As has been mentioned the space within the Defender door is pretty limited, although most lift motors are in fact pretty slim these days.

The kit on MM4x4 looks like the Spal Automotive kit, expensive - yes, but I would be quite confident in the quality from Spal. I have their central locking gear fitted to my 90 - quality stuff. Remember they are an OEM manufacturer for many car companies incl LR!

I agree totally with Si's comment re usefullness, especially the passenger window. And yes, 300Tdi D1 switches are perfect for the job.

As for my own lecky windows - my 90 has lift handle doors, these have even less space behind the door cards for all the gubbins. My own solution was created in my inventing shed using motors rescued from a pair of Vauxhall Vectra doors that were being binned. I had to do a fair bit of surgery, removing the original LR geared quadrant from the lift mechanism and welding on the Vauxhall one. This was just so the motor's gear teeth matched.

When I knocked this together I was less handy at taking photos of everything, so I'm afraid I can't add any pictures to illustrate the job.

If you have later doors, just use the LR parts. They're off the shelf and hopefully fit without all the faffing around :lol: