Thieving low life scum

Hello all,

Feel i need to rant about the ar5eh0l3s that felt it appropriate to steal two of my valve caps of my defender !!

This was no opportunist but some little tw&t that was clearly "going equiped", About to report it to police, you never know they may have stopped someone with two bright yellow valve caps in there possesion along with the correct size spanner but im sure that along with a crime number and leaflet from victim support that will be the end of it !!!

I do wish bad things on all who feel it ok to steal!!!!!

thanks for listening

Paul

Ditto,

Last weekend I had my snorkel ripped off my Defender....(damaging one of the roof rack mounts at the same time).

They didn't take the vent pipe, just the flexi pipe, steel tube and air filter.

So if anyone sees a bad fitting snorkel, not on a Defender, but with a bright orange K&N sticker on the top, it's mine!

Cheers

Peter

Since writing this i have discovered that the two remaining valve caps on the road wheels have been stolen !!! the valve cap on the spare has been loosened, whoever did this must have had the correct size spanner AND the bast**d loosened two of my wheel nuts, Police informed with the usual "well sir if you get any more information etc etc".

This is some one that knows landrovers im sure due to the wheelnuts, i check them every sunday (yesterday) without fail, so not only is this theft bloody annoying but some one is putting my life in danger.

All i hope is its not being eyed up by some one that wants to steal it. Paul

Nightmare, have been thinking about security since I got my "new toy" a few weeks back, seems there is not much you can do if someone is determined enough.

Considering hidden fuel and battery cut-off switches at the moment. :angry:

If they have lossened a wheel nut make sure they are not planning on coming back for the wheels later.

We had a safty alert a while ago about checking wheel nuts in long stay car parks.

Apparently certain people will go round lossening all the wheel nuts on various car then come back later and have all the wheels in the back of a van in one go so less time for the get away vehicle to be spotted and identified.

Not good for you or other people if you come back inbetween and get onto a main road before finding you have no wheel nuts.

Thats exactly my concern Sean, its only wolf rims but they MY wolf rims, been to landrover today about locking wheelnuts but due to stud length there is no stud left to fit them and as my studs have a slot in the end Landrover main dealer say that ive got the long studs as fitted to 130 defenders, im still not sure as i have seen defenders with more stud showing, my nuts are flush with end of stud.

In there compound they actually had a 130 on wolf rims and they were flush like mine.

Paul

All i hope is its not being eyed up by some one that wants to steal it.

Time you invested in some locking wheelnuts me thinks. I know you shouldn't have to but, I'd rather keep possession of my wheels. And yes I know they're not foolproof, but why make it easy for the 4*$kers?

My Defender's locking nuts are a wee bit longer than the std ones, so don't do all the way on.

Hello all,

Feel i need to rant about the ar5eh0l3s that felt it appropriate to steal two of my valve caps of my defender !!

This was no opportunist but some little tw&t that was clearly "going equiped", About to report it to police, you never know they may have stopped someone with two bright yellow valve caps in there possesion along with the correct size spanner but im sure that along with a crime number and leaflet from victim support that will be the end of it !!!

I do wish bad things on all who feel it ok to steal!!!!!

thanks for listening

Paul

Maybe you ought to get some of the anti theft valve caps.

They're made in black plastic and look just like every other valve cap. So much so in fact, that there is absolutely no point in stealing them :D

Maybe you ought to get some of the anti theft valve caps.

They're made in black plastic and look just like every other valve cap. So much so in fact, that there is absolutely no point in stealing them :D

+

Mine were not exactly anti theft but they needed a ten mm spanner to undo them, not anti theft i know but also imo not an opportunist thief either, how many people have a 10mm spanner and a landrover wheelbrace in there pocket, ok i do but (A) im not a thief and (B) i need them if i need to change my wheels.

I did go to main dealer today to see about locking wheel nuts but my studs are not long enough and landrover say that i have the long studs as fitted to 130's

Paul

Chances are some kid nicked the brightly coloured valve caps for his BMX, then his mate decided they looked good and came back for the other two. Any old pair of pliers can undo a valve cap, unless you do your tyre valves up with a breaker bar :ph34r:

As for the wheel nuts, seems a bit strange to loosen a couple, are you sure they've not just come undone? Any fresh tool marks on them?

Probably a very similar story with Puffernutter's snorkel - to the average chav that's a £150 K&N induction kit begging to be fitted to their Saxo.

Thats exactly my concern Sean, its only wolf rims but they MY wolf rims, been to landrover today about locking wheelnuts but due to stud length there is no stud left to fit them and as my studs have a slot in the end Landrover main dealer say that ive got the long studs as fitted to 130 defenders, im still not sure as i have seen defenders with more stud showing, my nuts are flush with end of stud.

In there compound they actually had a 130 on wolf rims and they were flush like mine.

Paul

I've got XD/Wolf steels on, my front studs are just flush with the nut outer face, the studs you have are the same length as mine, never had any problems.

defenders with longer studs probably have the Zeus extra long studs fitted. LR XD/Wolf & 130 studs are the same as yours, but LR do supply longer studs FRC7577 these but not cheap at around 13 quid each.

Chances are some kid nicked the brightly coloured valve caps for his BMX, then his mate decided they looked good and came back for the other two. Any old pair of pliers can undo a valve cap, unless you do your tyre valves up with a breaker bar :ph34r:

As for the wheel nuts, seems a bit strange to loosen a couple, are you sure they've not just come undone? Any fresh tool marks on them?

Probably a very similar story with Puffernutter's snorkel - to the average chav that's a £150 K&N induction kit begging to be fitted to their Saxo.

Yes you could be right about the kids, but i always check fluids and without fail i check tyre pressures and wheel nuts every sunday, these were taken sunday night, early monday. And as for wheel nuts, yes two loose does seem strange but they were undone, they were not even finger tight but unscrewed so about two threads were inside nut, i never loosened my nuts but checked with a torque wrench that they were tight and i have done cos of the amont of thread that is flush with wolf rims !!

Western, do you know if it would be ok just to replace one stud out of five on all four hubs so as to fit a locking wheel nut ?? Bit of a cheat but cheaper and well worth it seeing as to the value and hassle of repaceing stolen wheels ???

sorry for the rambling but its really pi44ed me off !!!

paul

Yes you could be right about the kids, but i always check fluids and without fail i check tyre pressures and wheel nuts every sunday, these were taken sunday night, early monday. And as for wheel nuts, yes two loose does seem strange but they were undone, they were not even finger tight but unscrewed so about two threads were inside nut, i never loosened my nuts but checked with a torque wrench that they were tight and i have done cos of the amont of thread that is flush with wolf rims !!

Western, do you know if it would be ok just to replace one stud out of five on all four hubs so as to fit a locking wheel nut ?? Bit of a cheat but cheaper and well worth it seeing as to the value and hassle of repaceing stolen wheels ???

sorry for the rambling but its really pi44ed me off !!!

paul

one longer stud shouldn't cause any problems.

Paul

just a word of warning when you get locking nuts on just check before you get in you still have the full set. I had a corrado back in the 80's and set off with one locking nut on each wheel no others the thick b***stids didn't work it out till all four were nutless aside from locking.

Tony

Paul

just a word of warning when you get locking nuts on just check before you get in you still have the full set. I had a corrado back in the 80's and set off with one locking nut on each wheel no others the thick b***stids didn't work it out till all four were nutless aside from locking.

Tony

Tony, it really amazes me just how selfish and down right dangerous some peoples actions can be, but as you say, that was back in the 80's, so nothing really changes !! makes you wonder just what the world is comeing to !!!

Paul

Tony, it really amazes me just how selfish and down right dangerous some peoples actions can be, but as you say, that was back in the 80's, so nothing really changes !! makes you wonder just what the world is comeing to !!!

Paul

A bloke near me parked his new freelander in waitrose carpark in witney went and did some shopping with his wife.Came back and some pikey had nicked his catcon! :(