Ramp Breakover Issues?

Looks a lot to me like the underside either catches on something or the front end actually drops down, the front wheels are stuffed well up in the arches - who knows what trickery is going on with the suspension on that beasty.

Did you notice how thick that car door was when he opened it?

5" armour plate according to Wikipedia, was trying to find out how much it weighs (doesn't say)

Any guesses?

I'll go with 6Te.

Thing can launch grenades you know :huh:

5" armour plate according to Wikipedia, was trying to find out how much it weighs (doesn't say)Any guesses?I'll go with 6Te.Thing can launch grenades you know :huh:

Sounds like that might just be the weight of the door! Imagine the hinge pins :blink:

Apparently it is believed to weigh between 7 and 8 tons .... so about 4 110 station wagons if measured in real vehicles ;)

If you look at the car when it is actually stuck on the ramp, the rear is at roughly the original height, look at the height of the front suspension of the car behind, now tell me the front suspension is fine, especially when you consider that most of the armour plating would be within the passeneger compartment, not in front of the windscreen....

the suspension may not have broken. It may just be very heavy at the front. How big is the engine gonna be in that thing to make it do any kind of decent speed? and it probably also has a huge amount of protection to keep it running even if it runs over a mine or something. The thing has its own oxygen supply! If it stops moving hes a sitting duck!

but boy did that hit hard and stop fast :lol:

I don't think for a minute the suspension broke, as has been said the thing's bomb-proof so a speed bump ain't gonna break it. I think there's something far more interesting going on in response to being "hit" from the underneath.

I also don't believe for a moment it reaches the heady heights of 8mpg, or that it only does 60mph, but I'd believe it weighs 8t.

I also don't believe for a moment it reaches the heady heights of 8mpg, or that it only does 60mph, but I'd believe it weighs 8t.

Just to add to your disbelief it is also supposedly a diesel .... and apparently built on one of GM's truck chassis's

Everything of course is all rumours as one of the specifications given for the build of it was that the specifications were to remain secret (doing a good job at that one aren't they?) :)

Just to add to your disbelief it is also supposedly a diesel .... and apparently built on one of GM's truck chassis's

Oh good - American engineering at its finest then, just make it bigger and heavier. Surprised it's not running leaf springs :ph34r: