AWDC Challenger 4x4 Round 4 - Mud Monsters, East Grinstead

So...we're on a month countdown to the next round, trucks are busy bein rebuilt and fixed (or in the case of Chris Kelly, left until we get to the site) and we're all revelling in some gorgeous weather.

One question though....does anyone actually know where the site is?! I've looked everywhere for grid references and address details but it seems to be a closely guarded secret (or I'm just being stupid).

So, to anyone who knows where it is or who has been there, where the hell is it and what sort of site is it?! Are we looking at another boggy mess like Muddy Bottom or is it dry and Tixover style?

See you all soon

Tom

Tom,

The site is just a few minutes outside East Grinstead. Much of Sussex soil is predominantly slippery old clay. The location is provided to all members and event entrants, but not generally publicised on websites. The site has some good 'interesting' sections including bogs and slippery gulleys, spread over many acres of open fields.

I'm sure Ruu will be along shortly to provide more info, but in the meantime have a look at the gallery at www.mud-monsters.co.uk

mickeyw,

Thanks for that =) Only reason I ask is my parents tend to come down to marshall and like to stay overnight as nearby as possible the night before. If you could PM me an OS grid ref it would be much appreciated so that they can find somewhere to stay!!

Looking forward to it, should be a good day - hopefully it's not too hot though!!

Tom

There will be a postcode in the next AWDC Newsletter that I have been given by Lucy.

Although looking at the corresponding aerial photo I'm not convinced :(

Hopefully someone from Mud Monsters will be able to clarify soon

There will be a postcode in the next AWDC Newsletter that I have been given by Lucy.

Although looking at the corresponding aerial photo I'm not convinced :(

Hopefully someone from Mud Monsters will be able to clarify soon

Yes, newsletter has arrived and the postcode given is in the middle of a housing estate :-(

Yes, newsletter has arrived and the postcode given is in the middle of a housing estate :-(

yes belive it or not but you drive through a housing estate and in the middle there is a gateway out into a field & the site. if its damp the bus will just about get in the gateway unless its changed since last year, thats about how far my lorry got. but its worth it the site is great.

yes belive it or not but you drive through a housing estate and in the middle there is a gateway out into a field & the site. if its damp the bus will just about get in the gateway unless its changed since last year, thats about how far my lorry got. but its worth it the site is great.

OK, think I've got it.

I hope for dry then

Hello all,

I have spoken to Mark from Mud Monsters, and he has clarified that entry to the site is through the estate off Stuart Way. Hope this makes it a bit clearer but obviously please call if you have any concerns.

Lucy

what? mark from mud monsters................. he is sponsored by gigglepin, don't you know, and he runs his own series.

but im sure you all knew that already. lol!

Haha!!, I take it Mark been his usual reserved self round the camp fire :)

Sorry I should have posted on this earlier, we do try to keep the site a semi closed secret for various reasons. PM me if you still not sure and I'll do my best to help.

We were working hard last week and repaired a lot of the access tracks to the camping area, but if it is a wet day you will struggle getting to the camp area in anything bigger than a 4x4 with a trailer. But this is not a problem as the entry field is big and flat and fine for camping. I very much doubt the coach will be able to fit over the bridge so will have to stay in the lower field anyway.

Otherwise should be a good event, I'll probably be there doing some filming, the lovely Angela will be there cooking and the site has had a lot of work making with a couple of new bits opened up too.

cheers ruu

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, I hope everyone has packed their wellies!!!!

The entry list is as follows:

1. Peter Roberts and Ben Burge

2. Giles and Ben Tinkler

3. Paul Edney and Trevor Thomas

4. Daniel and Alan Willcocks

5. Martin and Ben Champion

6. Chris Kelly and Mark Horne

7. Mark McMillen and Rupert

9. Mark Sinclair & Roy Higgs

11. Nick Anderson & Nev Hudd

12. Jerry Hunt & Ben Hampshire

16. Paul Cook & Nicki Hearne

17. Kevin Moss & Tom Fall

19. Steve Beck & Dominique Brione

21. Andrew Beck & Sean Rutland

22. Adrian & Mark Catchpole

23. Graham Fuller & Stuart Hammond

24. Nick Shurrock & Matt Gomme

25. Sam Coulton & Matt Martin

26. Andrew & Ben Wolfe

As usual if your name is not down on this list and you feel it should be then please call me asap.

I was hoping for a few of the Mud Monsters gang to enter but I don't think they are brave enough!!!! Toilets and catering will be available.

See you at the weekend.

Lucy

xxx

07836 713677