Stolen Spare Wheel Cover

Steve King

You do have to wonder about some people.

Like "is it legal to cull them?".

Technically I fear the answer to this important question is "no".

I think we all have a civic duty however to heard them into the shallow end of the gene pool (from whence they originated) so they breed themselves out of existence.

I think we all have a civic duty however to heard them into the shallow end of the gene pool (from whence they originated) so they breed themselves out of existence.

surely it would be better to just fill that part of the gene pool in????

here's an idea, put something behind the cover, so that if anyone tries to remove it, they get covered in whatever substance you prefer (gear oil would be best, you could say they were underneath trying to undo the handbrake to nick it :ph34r: ) with a lockout on the back that is only accessible from the inside.

or one of those really loud compact air horns linked to a light sensor, again with a lockout.

Was it a hard one or a soft vinyl thing?

Wifey and I saw a truck last year driving past us up the motorway (cant remember what type 4x4 now tho,something foreign I think) with his spare wheel cover blowing and swaying in the wind behind him, 2 miles further on we saw a coach swerve wildly to the hard shoulder then back again to the right..

Yep you guessed it, the hard wheel cover had come off in the left lane directly in front of the coach, the driver went left.. only to see another vehicle parked in the hard shoulder and had to swerve straight back on to the motorway to miss it.

No sign of the 4x4 though, I presume he didnt notice anything as it all happened behind him.

I bet he thought some scally had nicked it though when he stopped.

Gaz

It was definitely nicked - it was there when I came home and was gone the following morning!! :(

It was a nylon fabric cover - not soft vinyl or a hard one.

I am buying a lockable rigid cover and will engrave the reg No on it - hopefully that will make it less nickable! :lol: