On The Scrounge

need4speed

Does anyone have a proper wax injector gun i could possibly borrow. Im a bit skint just now so spending £60 on one just to do the inside/top of my bulkhead is out the question..

Will pay for postage immediately through paypal.

TIA

Phil

Already have that type. Its absolutely useless at spraying cavities with the extension wand. Nothing comes out the end no matter how thin i make the stuff or how much pressure i use. Schutz type guns arent any use. It has to be a proper wax injection gun similar to

post-4644-0-57628900-1314785614_thumb.jpg

I reckon if you can buy the tube and fittings separately then you would be able to use a paraffin spray gun like you get in the cheap kits when you buy a compressor. I tried mine to spray the under body and it works fine, just haven't managed to get an extension to successfully fit the end yet (but haven't tried any harder than sticking a bit of tube on the end!)

The problem with the paraffin sprayer and the schutz type gun mentioned above is the fact that they are syphon type guns rather than pressurized guns.

Thats why it has to be a proper pressurized injector like the one i have pictured.

Thanks for the ideas though

I managed to use the degreaser/parafin gun from my cheap compressor kit to good effect, I made sure the waxoyl was nice and warm -thats what the Aga is for, and diluted it well with white spirit, went into my lightweights chassis, and my rangie chassis a treat.

It took a bit of time to get it working right, but was well worth it in the end, had it vapourising the wax nicely, which hopefully means everything got a proper coating.

I liked the cheap oil gun, as long as all was hot and the right way up. I liked the waxoil pressure can, which worked any way up, but had a rubbish nozzel.

And suddenly it was born :o

Threw the can off the cheap oil gun, jubilee cliped a rubber hose on there and connected it to the waxoil pressure can. A lever tap controls the waxoil flow with my left hand, while I use the air trigger of the gun in my right. That lets you run between full air (blow dirt off) to full waxoil (just messy).

When the waxoil can gave out I changed to a rose sprayer can, which has a better hand pump.

User Mods include; a big fitting on the bottom of the tank instead of a little tube from the top. And pressurising the tank by placing the end of the oil gun nozzle against a tyre to reverse-flow. Obviously making sure the relief valve is free first :lol:

I've never figured a good way to reach everywhere inside a box section, even with long-ame-jig, so I mix new engine oil in with the waxoil on the chassis insides. It doesn't dry and hopefully soaks into rust better.