anyone using firefox? if so...

discomikey

does your browser keep crashing? mine has been crashing a lot over the last week or so and i have had to close down and re open firefox to continue using it. tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it also tried deleting histoy and cookies all to no avail. its really annoying me now.

The browser wars will never end with Fanbois on all sides.

I love firefox for the addons. I hate it for memory hog usage, and crashing

More sensible questions:

What version are you using? 7 is current.

What addons are you using if any?

Do try Opera or Chrome, Both good free options. I personally find Opera best on low spec computers.

Haven't had firefox crash in ages, and I keep it open at all times, currently with easily 100+ tabs open.

It may be using up 1.6GB of memory (which is understandable with that many tabs really), but Chrome's memory usage is at times a lot worse I've found.

Also, I can't really live without Tree Style Tab, and Chrome's extension system just doesn't support such an extension sadly.

100 tabs? :o:o :o whats the spec of your computer?

Nothing too fancy, a stock Q6600 (2.4Ghz quad core) and 8GB of RAM. I recently upgraded from 4GB of RAM, because that wasn't enough to comfortably satisfy my computer usage :ph34r:

Memory usage you can see in the Processes tab of the Task Manager, or in FF's about:memory.

I've found it's gotten a lot more stable since FF4/5 or so, before that it would sometimes crash and especially lock up more often (when it was swapping out memory, I guess).

no wonder its so good!!!! :wub: mines an old pentium D 3.0ghz and 2Gb ram, and it does me fine! :) but i got a amd 3.2ghz and 8gb ram lined up up soon!! :i-m_so_happy:

mikey, well that slows down the whole computer! try and find a good manual anti virus program rather than an automatic one which is constantly running in the background, i use threat fire it works for me, if your good with pc's, you shouldn't really need one!