Good feedback for britpart?

muddy

Don't get Britpart calipers as they are just pants. They are so touch and go, I put 2 new rear calipers on 2 weeks ago and both are showing sign's of oil passing the piston seals. I went "budget" as didn't have the available cashflow so was expecting them not to last so long, I was hopeing at least to get me through the winter. Got a Delphi reconditioned caliper awaiting my pick-up. Its cost the same as the BP pair plus some. The other will get changed out too come pay day.

That company continually grind my gears, they're making products that with 10 minutes more TLC would make a component that rivels a genuine part. rant over.

What are the allmakes parts ?? are they the same as britpart ??

They seem to get moaned about much less. Bearmach are probably the best regarded of the aftermarket suppliers of most parts. better than that, try and find the company that makes the part for land rover and get the correct spec part....Delphi, Timken, Corteco, GKN...........

(I guess it might be nice to try and get a thread together with the above information - who manufactures parts for land rover...?)

Don't get Britpart calipers as they are just pants. They are so touch and go, I put 2 new rear calipers on 2 weeks ago and both are showing sign's of oil passing the piston seals. I went "budget" as didn't have the available cashflow so was expecting them not to last so long, I was hopeing at least to get me through the winter. Got a Delphi reconditioned caliper awaiting my pick-up. Its cost the same as the BP pair plus some. The other will get changed out too come pay day.

That company continually grind my gears, they're making products that with 10 minutes more TLC would make a component that rivels a genuine part. rant over.

Mav, and indeed anyone with similar issues,

Having been on the other side of the fence (Not for Britpart, or indeed in the Automotive sector at all, but bare with me), please return these defective callipers to your supplier, with a note explaining why. You have a clear case of failure there - within the 24month warranty. Instead of just binning them and publicly bemoaning them in a forum - give them and their supply chain a chance to rectify it. Just because it's cheaper than the officially LR-sanctioned product doesn't mean it should be unfit for purpose.

Unless and until people start doing this, there will be no feedback loop and Britpart (amongst others) will continue not to take that 10minutes for quality.

/rant over.

Can you tell my work involves dealing with supply chain people and mfg quality? ;)

I just got a nice new britpart fog switch

It is always on regardless of switch position!

Great

At least you don't need to worry about whether you have switched it off now :) What a great way to avoid those nagging thoughts, maybe they could come up with some similar products... like fuel tanks with no bottom so you never need to worry if you are going to run out of fuel ;)

Mav, and indeed anyone with similar issues,

Having been on the other side of the fence (Not for Britpart, or indeed in the Automotive sector at all, but bare with me), please return these defective callipers to your supplier, with a note explaining why. You have a clear case of failure there - within the 24month warranty. Instead of just binning them and publicly bemoaning them in a forum - give them and their supply chain a chance to rectify it. Just because it's cheaper than the officially LR-sanctioned product doesn't mean it should be unfit for purpose.

Unless and until people start doing this, there will be no feedback loop and Britpart (amongst others) will continue not to take that 10minutes for quality.

/rant over.

Can you tell my work involves dealing with supply chain people and mfg quality? ;)

Totally agree, and I'm trying but the 4x4 shop i got them from hasn't answered my initial emails so going to give em a few days then I'm going to start bending some ears seriously... I'm getting far to good at changeing calipers out...

I`ll start using allmakes product in work and will comment as I fit it. Is terrafirma owned by allmakes ? its just that I had a set of HD driveshaft flanges and they were marked terrafirma/allmakes. We use alot of QH parts right now and they are pretty good overall.

Totally agree, and I'm trying but the 4x4 shop i got them from hasn't answered my initial emails so going to give em a few days then I'm going to start bending some ears seriously... I'm getting far to good at changeing calipers out...

Top stuff, let us know what you fit in the end (i.e. replace with your delphi and refund or give Bluebox a second chance)

At least you don't need to worry about whether you have switched it off now :) What a great way to avoid those nagging thoughts, maybe they could come up with some similar products... like fuel tanks with no bottom so you never need to worry if you are going to run out of fuel ;)

I've got a 110 one if you want it when I take it off, only light road use 5 years old, rusted through on underneath either side of the tank guard. Has a blue sticker on I can just make out the letters ITPART....seriously. Coat.....door.....

Slight judder when pulling off a verge on a hill start but that was probably me trying not to lunch whats left of the front driveflange splines with wheelspin, A ok apart from that.

Shed.jpg

Railway.jpg

Got some good looks :)

Will.