Wheel mounted snow ploughs?

Night Train

There is no way that has even been driven 50cm along a road without breaking :blink: I wonder how much this 'designer' has invested in his wonder product?

He's had 5 offers so far...... god help them

Well I take it back, they didn't break straight away in the videos.... Although I get the feeling those videos are ideal conditions with virgin snow.... I wonder how it would deal with packed snow?

Well I take it back, they didn't break straight away in the videos.... Although I get the feeling those videos are ideal conditions with virgin snow.... I wonder how it would deal with packed snow?

Probably not very well, but probably somewhat better than they would deal with a pothole or a drain cover....

It is a seriously dangerous idea, an accident waiting to happen! And that's without getting into how long a pin in a steel tube without any apparent bearing or bushing is going to last before it welds itself together, and conveniently ignoring the epic wear rate there has got to be on the bottom edge of the blade... which as it gets sharper is inevitably going to dig in the road somewhere at some stage.

If it was bigger I'd predict a Darwin award.

I too am completely unconvinced! Ice on the tarmac is probably more of a risk than a bit of loose powdery snow...

In any case the blades will probably take chunks out of road humps (not a totally bad thing but not something I would want to be responsible for!!).

I really wonder though if these are legal and whether insurers would be happy with these fitted??

I really wonder though if these are legal and whether insurers would be happy with these fitted??

I doubt they're legal and if I was an insurer and somebody asked me if it was alright to hang some welded together scrap guttering off the front of the car and take some of the wheel nuts off, I'd die laughing.

Somebody phone up an insurer and ask them, just for some sport :)

Seriously , if i was to see that on the highway , in my previous job that would rate as "dangerous condition" , as its manifestly dangerous in failure situation , ie it digs in and goes to full right lock , into oncoming traffic , or if the other side , into the ditch (preferable) . Insurance company would have a fit !!