Maxxis Creepy Crawlers

stuck

Gents,

My 110 has been running on 35" Creepy Crawlers.

Whilst having a play today I've managed to smash a rim & punch a hole in the tyres side wall.

Are these tyres still available & if so who sells them?

I bought a set of five from fleabay a couple of years ago but there aren't any listed at the moment.

Cheers,

Numpty.

I was looking for a full of them without luck. No-one has them and the Dutch importer/distributor told me they can't be imported anymore due to them not being made with clean oil and that they do not have an S-mark (Silence)..

They could not tell me when these will be available again..

I gave up the search and I'm going for 37" KM2's as they do comply to all the stupid legislations and are in stock.

These guys do stock some creepies, but only the 37-14.5x16s..

http://www.opony-4x4.pl/

I was looking for a full of them without luck. No-one has them and the Dutch importer/distributor told me they can't be imported anymore due to them not being made with clean oil and that they do not have an S-mark (Silence)..

They could not tell me when these will be available again..

I gave up the search and I'm going for 37" KM2's as they do comply to all the stupid legislations and are in stock.

These guys do stock some creepies, but only the 37-14.5x16s..

http://www.opony-4x4.pl/

When did those rules come in to effect?

Thanks for the replies chaps.

Wot he said - basically anything that is not S rated is illegal to sell within the EU. S being the sound rating, which more or less means that anything agressive is no longer be available. (lets face it we all know how badly Simex etc howl when on the road).

This law came in october 2011.

The laws do no apply to remoulds as yet, so Insa Turbos etc should still be available.

You can read a bit more about it http://www.blackcirc...ise-regulations

Jon

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to drag this up again Gent's.

Without result I've tried my best to source a new tyre.

What are all you challenge competitors buying these days?

I can't imagine any new tyre that's sufficiently aggressive & not meant for agricultural use complies with the new Eurocr@p ?

All the challenege boys are in the same boat I'm afriad. Simex's are to all intents and purposes no longer available, beyond the few odd ones Devon 4x4 and the like have left in stock. There is a thread about it on the Devon4x4 forum - it seems the recent container load of Simex's they received are the last ones that they ever expect to get in.

Bear in mind the fine to the tyre suppliers is £5000 PER TYRE that they supply illegally, I cant see many people prepared to break the rules!

Jon

I suppose the one thing that this will law will help with is all the numptys who put them on there landys or any other 4x4 for that matter and tear up byways with them, but other than that I dunno what people will use in the challenge scene