Our project

mmgemini

Mike - it was great to meet you and Margaret at Much Wenlock. What a lovely site for camping with terrific views. Glad you had a good time in the wilds of Shropshire.

Am so impressed with your Squarestream. Hopefully will post some photos soon when one of the kids show me how.

Regards

Barry

• 2 weeks later...

Now it's catchy -up time. Sort the cock-ups out and modify some things we learnt or weren't happy enough on our last trip.

Most things worked fine. We've moved the lights to get light more where needed. When planning it was intended that a roll out awning would be used. As I made the doors too high I couldn't fit that type of awning so I had one made from the dome tent extension laying in the cupboard. This awning covered the light on the side. The light in the door was fine, except that in cold weather that door needed shutting. So the light on the side is off. Margaret suggested that we put a vent there. I made a fair mess of getting the light and surround off so I made a cover for the vent.

I also fitted another light above the fridge slide in front of the door. Two things here. One we can keep the door shut in cold weather. Two, more light to the fridge.

805m.jpg

dugv.jpg

Also that gap at the back behind the battery box. Well I'll make a lift-up, drop-down cover so that the wet groundsheets can be carried there.

Then a couple of light switches inside are to be moved to make it easier to reach the switches from the bed. Pictures to follow.

Another small job ticked off. I take both the stand and jockey wheel off when travelling. Not wanting to ground or get either stolen.

So I ordered a couple of pop pins so I could remove the clamp and clamp handle.

rzxp.jpg

Actually I had other ideas to do other things today BUT ALDI had their compressors in last night, so I bought one. Then I found the air connectors were different. Time was spent sorting the adapror out so I could use both types of connector.

HELP

Condensation or water ?

How do I work out the difference ?

Condensation doesn't appear with a hose pipe. So pick a nice dry week air it out then at the end of the week drown it if there's none inside it's condensation. Or same again but at the end of the week sleep in it with everything closed (on a dry night) if there's none inside your ventilation is good enough but you have a leak.

Mike

Mike. There's nothing on the walls or roof where it's bare, you know like a 'bus window on a damp day, which is why I think it's rain. It's been wet inside, splashes each night it's rained.

I think it's getting in at the angle to sheet.

I'm waiting for a couple of dry days and I'm going to fill the seams.

• 3 weeks later...

First, the leak.

Both of us decided it was water leaking in.

Well I dropped a bollock. The roof sheet next to the opening, stupid me, I didn't put anything to drop the sheet on, so I reckon that the sheet hadn't pulled up to the angle.

I cleaned the roof off near the angle. Got some strip, plenty of Carbond both at the edge of the angle and under the strip. Pop rivits about every two inches.

4ivp.jpg

After three days of heavy rain. The inside is dry. The thought is, Have I really fixed it. Time will tell

• 4 weeks later...

The evolution bit, in reality what we didn't like or had done wrong, the changes......gfal.jpg

The bed has been stripped out. The switch at the back for the light moved down so either of us can reach it when in bed.

An orange light has been added to the side, again to make life easier. The switch can be reached from the top or bottom of the bed, with a stretch, this means there's a light on to get into bed then the big light can be switched on.

The canvas sides of the lifting roof are done, neither of us are happy with the work, NO it's not getting done again.

The inside of the lifting roof is now covered.

There are a couple of other jobs still to do if the weather keeps fine.

Nice work Mike :i-m_so_happy:

Thank you Steve.

Today we are both chuffed. We've managed to do a lot of tidying and catching up. I think there's six more 5mm holes to drill and 8 pop rivets to fit..... :popcorn-and-drink-smiley-emotic:popcorn-and-drink-smiley-emotic

6u1k.jpg

This is the right hand door which when the tent makers gets the awning done will lead to the wash room/ toilet. The amber lights are for night time so I'm not blinded in the dark with bright white lights

73nd.jpg

Kitchen towel holder. Just inside the left door for easy reach when cooking.

uxdn.jpg

Fridge slide. cooker housing.

All pop riveted up, so nice and solid. Plate rack underneath. We have decided to just use the Trangier if needed. When we were away earlier this year we only used the Bush Pig for cooking and the electric kettle for tea/ coffee.

Brackets need to be made to hold the fridge in place, that's the six holes I mentioned earlier.

1bdb7.jpg

Remember that gap at the rear ? Well it's now to be used to carry the groundsheets from the awning. That should save muddy sheets in the back of my Defender.

I've also moved the number plate. I think it looks nicer.

i6ad.jpg

Here you can see the ground sheets on the "door". The door is held in place at the bottom by two tongues in the battry box door. I didn't want hinges here for two reasons. If on the outside they could get ripped off on stones. If inside then I wouldn't be able to get the batteries out without removing the hinges

kt59.jpg

Door closed up. As usual by me I've used an Anti-lucie each side.

ps.

Well hope fully this next week I'm going to DIG the garage/ workshop out.

I have three 25 litre oil drums full of aluminium scrap pieces. No doubt I'll find more when cleaning up.

I also have most, ALL ? Of the "nails" from the pop rivets. I'm going to weigh those before I weigh them in.

Margaret is marking exam papers just now. When she gets those finished at the end of June She should be able to give the accounts