iPad mount

Ditching my in car tablet in favor of my IPad 2 as just go a new one for work so now have a 'spare'. I clearly need to find a mounting solution there seems to be lots on the market so what's good? What do you use? What should I avoid?

Jason.

I use a simple mount, like this one...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CAR-WINDSCREEN-MOUNT-HOLDER-FOR-APPLE-IPAD-FREE-CHARGER-/390244454603?pt=UK_iPad_Tablet_Accessories&hash=item5adc61d0cb

...for my iPad (first gen). I realise it won't suit yours because you may want to use the camera etc., but it does a good job of holding the iPad still enough when rested on the dash aswell.

I use a RAM mount, as shown by Steve200Tdi, with a windscreen sucker. I am very pleased with it, it has not dropped the iPad (1 or 3) once, even off-road. I usually use leave the iPad in it's sleeve when in the holder but it works without too and has camera holes.

Chris

I use a RAM mount. I used to have a Samsung Q1 using the same 1" ball mount short extension and suction mount which has been stuck to the screen for the past 4 years with no probs. I just had to buy the iPad cradle and reused the mounting kit. I also use the same mount for my iPhone in the other car, with a different cradle obviously!

When I need a replacement for the iPad I'm sure that RAM will be able to supply the cradle for the next greatest bestest thing.

Just checking, but is your iPad 2 a 3G model?

Just checking, but is your iPad 2 a 3G model?

New one is an IPad 3 but will probably use my iPad 2 in the truck.

I must be in the wrong job. How you lot can afford a fondleslab and to run a landie is beyond me. ;-)

I have the advantage of working for Vodafone as a consultant so tech costs don't impact the defender habit!!

I use a RAM mount, as shown by Steve200Tdi, with a windscreen sucker. I am very pleased with it, it has not dropped the iPad (1 or 3) once, even off-road. I usually use leave the iPad in it's sleeve when in the holder but it works without too and has camera holes.

Chris

Cheers Chris looks like the ram mount is the way to go, feedback to follow.

Jason

I must be in the wrong job. How you lot can afford a fondleslab and to run a landie is beyond me. ;-)

I don't own it 'to run in a landie", that is just one of the many things it does for me.

Chris