£700 for having a snorkle?

john242

just transfered the insurance to the (new) to me disco,being honest i told them that it had a snorkle fitted.somebody decided that i must go off roading, and wanted an extra £700.any advice on other if its possible reasonable insurers would be appreciated,other wise what do i use to block the hole in the wing hopefully a lot cheaper than £700.

am with budget insurance was £190 fully comp,the underwriters wouldnt touch this with any extras.i am going to look at tetsu0san's recomended insurer

if i take the snorkle and spots off its £210 fully comp.

Have you tried the NFU?

They weren't fussed by any of the mods on my 110, and were the cheapest by a big margin. The only thing they had to ask the underwriter about was the big intercooler, but even that came back as no problem.

But the main reason I use them is they are the only company that will cover an 11 seater that I have found.

I tried these - their on line quotation crashes half way through.

Phoned up and they said they could not insure my 110 because I travelled more than 5000 miles pa. Also, it is too valuable (10k). On an ordinary policy, they would not allow ANY modifications - so they could not offer Insurance!

Last year my Insurance cost £210. This year £668 and the quote for next year - a staggering £2400 and all that has changed in the last two years is more no claims!

I got a quote, hypothetically, for a supercharged V8 RRS from the same company and it was £580. I could buy a (used) RRS and pay for it over 5 years on just the Insurance saving! (that's an example of 'Man Maths'!)

Si

Last year my Insurance cost £210. This year £668 and the quote for next year - a staggering £2400 and all that has changed in the last two years is more no claims!

I got a quote, hypothetically, for a supercharged V8 RRS from the same company and it was £580. I could buy a (used) RRS and pay for it over 5 years on just the Insurance saving! (that's an example of 'Man Maths'!)

Si

I like man maths :D

I've got the Camel Disco and my standard Disco with the NFU, not the cheapest, but i found them the most accomodating for both vehicles, didn;t bat an eyelid at all the Mods on the Camel. get good discounts for having no cliams and age is a big factor as usual, evedently my policies will come down next January... as I become Three Zero...

Mav

My 90 is through Adrian Flux, and all her mods are listed, but its on a classic, with limited millage. - I think I'll be pulling it across to NFU to take advantage of multicar discount and ease of handeling. I found flux just another voice at the end of the phone reading out what they saw on the screen in front of them... i did get them to quote for my Standard Disco but it came in at 800+ and they didn;t seem perticulalry interested in my business.

Adrian Flux are fine when they're taking the money and giving you a certificate. It's when there's a claim that things go awry.

You get handed off to a claims handling company. You aren't kept informed with progress by Flux or their claims handlers, and no matter how many times you update Flux and their associates with your new address they continue to send all mail to the previous one.

Never again.