RRC body on D2 chassis

stobbie

Not that I know of, but a while ago I put the RAVE chassis drawings next to each other, and I think it could be done. Body mounts seem to line up, wheelbase is the same, ... Probably needs some minor adjustments (bumper etc), but it could work.

Someone has done something similar to this, RRC 2 door body on a Disco 2 floor pan.

I used to have a link to the complete build thread but the outcome was this;

http://www.lemitone.net/pics/100608_DDC/?detectflash=false&

If I find the thread I'll post a link up :)

He basically took the 2 door shell from the sills up and grafted it around the disco 2 floor pan and interior.

Odd, as I've been having similar thoughts but with a 4 door.

The problem is that RRC bodies rot and so do Disco II chassis! RRC Chassis are easy to find, good bodies less so. Cheap Disco IIs are easy to find, but alot of them have shot chassis!

so you would be making the worst rusting vehicle in the world by combining them :ph34r:

I would like to do it to gain a more modern dash with climate control etc, the updated seats and centre console and all the extras like traction/abs/ACE that the Disco II chassis can offer. I prefer the look of the Range Rover classic.

Also, because it'd be interesting :)