best paint for internal rust prevention??

Mean Green

Jenolite is good for killing rust first. It makes Iron Phosphate I think? (Phosphoric acid)

At the moment I am using Zink red primer over that. But nothing works unless all grains of rust are removed first. One seed crystal starts it off again, as paints seem to be slightly porus?

I'd go for rust converter (jenloite, PO15, etc.) and then zinc-rich primer.

I have some of this: NWE's 80% Zinc primer and it seems to be good stuff, the tin weighs about twice as much as a normal tin of paint and the result is certainly quite robust. Not been on the truck long enough to tell about corrosion, but more zinc is better in general.

Don't forget the underside too!

Don't use hammerite - it's too hard, doesn't flex with the steel, cracks and lets in moisture. It's trapped and the whole thing rusts out undetected.

I agree with the zinc approach - Ive used ZG 90 cold spray on some welding on an old trailer - I'm quite surprised as to how good it is!

If the area isn't cosmetically important, and isn't covered in trim then apply clear waxoil thinned with engine oil, or similar.

Just don't use hammerite.

I'd go for rust converter (jenloite, PO15, etc.) and then zinc-rich primer.

I have some of this: NWE's 80% Zinc primer and it seems to be good stuff, the tin weighs about twice as much as a normal tin of paint and the result is certainly quite robust. Not been on the truck long enough to tell about corrosion, but more zinc is better in general.

Don't forget the underside too!

That link didn't work for me Mr Freezer, was it the one at the bottom of this page? http://www.nwepaints.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_AntiCorrosivePrimers.html

id use schultz,

to save starting up a new thread on more or less the same subject, i have a shed load of zinc phosphate primer, which we used on the grey fergie when we painted it, and i also used it on the series 2 bulkhead,

my real question is, am i ok to use this as a primer for the bare aluminium parts, or do i need something special as to not react?