rear recovery point

yogibear47.lee

Southdown guard and recovery eye.

sorry i have already got a tank guard so not looking to buy another

If your tow plate removes with two pins then you can purchase a recovery point which fits the two pins.

I don't know if you can still purchase these now.

Steve

i think they are bolted on

If it doesn't use the two bolt holes in the 'dip' in the chassis rails where the tow bar supports bolt on, you could fit jate rings.

However jate rings on a disco are hard to get at when your stuck. I would advise a well fitting aftermarket rear bumper with some professionally welded on recovery points. Also, its alright thinking your new rear bumper is well made, youve got to make sure the back of your chassis where the bumper bolts on is in good condition and up to the job of recovering you from situations you might get into. Id personally beef up the bumper mounting points, or infact add some extra's.

If it doesn't use the two bolt holes in the 'dip' in the chassis rails where the tow bar supports bolt on, you could fit jate rings.

However jate rings on a disco are hard to get at when your stuck. I would advise a well fitting aftermarket rear bumper with some professionally welded on recovery points. Also, its alright thinking your new rear bumper is well made, youve got to make sure the back of your chassis where the bumper bolts on is in good condition and up to the job of recovering you from situations you might get into. Id personally beef up the bumper mounting points, or infact add some extra's.

no i sure they didnt use them holes last time and i was hoping not to get a heavy duty bumper to be honest is there any way of making a rear point what strong enough.

Basically buy some jate rings OR a new tank guard with recovery points as Steve200tdi says. (imho the paddocks one is nothing more than a galv tank cradle)

OR buy an aftermarket rear bumper. You've limited your choices somewhat buying that tank guard.

i had this one on my old disco and its strong enough and plus it was cheap to buy back, i'll look at a rear bumper or i'll get my dad to make something what uses the bumper bolt holes.

YRM do a NATO hitch mount which bolts around the rear cross member using the two tow bar mounting holes. That seems to be the easiest option to me.

Yep, I bought one with the same issue in mind. Really solid bit of kit that just bolted over th rear cross member where the old tow bar was. It did require modification of the bumper to fit over it and expose any recovery tackle, but that was simple and cost effective.

Ish... there is actualy a bracket that is welded to the rear chassis crosmember if memory serves, then there's is a cut out in the center of rear bumper, so effectivly the recovery "jaw" (dixon bate 5t revovery jaw) is bolted directly to the chassis.bypassing the bumper.

I thought I recognised that wagon, tis "Ralphh" 's.