Tithenous

Cazbil

Good Afternoon Guys, can anyone tell me what a Thithenous 110 is like to live with? Alleged mileage 20K kms after conversion. I do low miles with the odd weekend 100 mile dash to Devon & back, sometime caravan puller too. Would probably have to put a 200TDI in, options? 10 years with a 109 and 12 with a 110 V8 110 lpg, now after my 1 year with 90 Puma discovered it isn't landrovery enough for me. Can I expect 30mpg at 55/60? I'd be interested in your experiences and opinions, thanks.

I have no experience, but if your thinking of putting a 200tdi in would it not make a little more sense to get a Wolf with a 300tdi already in? There isn't a great deal difference in price from what I have seen, especially if you thinking of buying from a mag or a dealer..

Just a thought that's all :)

James

buy an old clapped out TA normally aspirated 110 or 90 and fit a wolf hardtop and part of a rollcage and you'd be near the mark. You'd be lucky to get 50/60mph and around 25mpg Much better off buying a looked after one that's been in civvy hands for a while and tdi converted. Milweb often has some where money has been spent on them.

From what I remember the Titonos(sic) are just glorified 110 hard tops that have had a few wolf bit's put onto them-wolf wheels, a wolf roof and a small time windscreen protection bar, many of them will if not all still be 2.5 N/A Diesel engined land rovers so you could save yourself a shed load of cash and buy the bits separately as Pete3000 says you'd be lucky to get 60 MPH out of it as they're geared(T'Box) 1:666 unlike the other 110/90 as 1:410 ratio

hth

John

They are just standard old-skool military 90's & 110's that went through a full refurb process and had some safety and comfort features added - roll cage, better seats, wright off road rubber mat etc. Was cheaper than buying another batch of Wolfs.

Unless you want one in particular, better buying a standard ex-mod 110 as you will pay a premium for a Titenhous as collectors/military buffs want them.

Biggest waste of Money spent on British forces landys, they spent a shed load on bolt on carp to it and then not bothering with power steering or a decent engine! And from a few people in the know at work it was in the region of 10k per landy to be completely stripped and rebuilt and now they have sold them to with arms for just over the 1k mark!! If that's true then it's nothing short of daylight robbery and stupidity, save a bit extra and buy a nice 110 GS wolf!

now they have sold them to with arms for just over the 1k mark!!

Not sure the if that is true, I believe that Withams don't buy the stock from the MOD but act as a disposal agent, and get a percentage of the sale. That's why the receipt you get is the MOD disposal notice.

Jason.

• 2 months later...