Adding swivel drain

Whilst i have my swivel housings off i'm pondering fitting drain holes.

Does anyone have a good picture showing where the drain holes are on a Defender swivel housing?

if your using the swivel grease to lube the swivels then drain holes aren't much use at serviceing time, the grease won't drain out like EP90 will.

Ummm - IIRC don't the seal retaining bolt holes go right into the housing anyway, so if you do want to use oil and have the ability to drain then just remove one of the two lowest bolts and for a quicker flow remove one at the top to let air in at the same time.

I'm only going by memory so could be quite wrong about the holes going right into the inside of the housing.

I can't remember from when I last did mine.... but the holes are not very big and it would take an age! That's if they are at the lowest point.

Which is why I suggested removing one from the top in order to let air in and speed up the process, even using the drain plug the flow is hardly staggering ;)

Which is why I suggested removing one from the top in order to let air in and speed up the process, even using the drain plug the flow is hardly staggering ;)

You could just undo the fill plug to let air in (since you have to anyway and all that :) )