No mugholders in Defenders

You know exactly what this feels like -- Early morning - Start up Defender - slight fuzzy feeling behind middle of forehead(possibly beer/cider induced). NEED COFFEE-------- No cupholders!!!!

Dont want hassle of fitting cubby-box so---Buy Mud-jobby tunnel tray----Expensive, but - Looks good- fits great and has TWO cup-holders!!

Problem!! The grown up Tommy-Tippee mug which we all buy(you know the sort- anodised silver and black plastic) have tapered bottoms, and when full of liquid Nescafe will not stay upright without falling out and depositing precious anti-headache preventative caffeine all over floor mats/trouser legs.

Solution--- LRO mag and others occassionally give away neoprene beer can coolers. Fold the top equally over and push on to the bottom of the Tommy - Tippee. Job done!!

The other solution would be for Mud-stuff to supply an adhesive strip to reduce the diameter of their cup-holders - but hey-- I am grateful for small mercies!

Cheers everybody

Why don't you do what i did and get hold of two bicycle bottle holders and bolt them to a piece of something-In my case an old piece of chequer plate and attach them/it to your fusebox with the original fusebox screws? -cost me all of about £4.00 and a small amount of time-means you can still get to your fusebox if necessary and they're out of the way too

John

I posted it kind of tongue in cheek but at the risk of being sad, I do like me gadgets, and being in a Defender doesnt mean we cannot have a few creature comforts particularly on a play day.

My aim this summer is to build a demountable cooker box in aluminium which will attach onto the grab-bar on the back door. That way me and the handbrake ( err sorry I mean the wife) can have a cook up and a brew rather than use possibly dodgy catering vans at shows. I know that I can buy something ready made but it aint nearly as much fun as building your own.

Reason for demountable is it would too tempting to nick if left fitted. All I need now is to locate some Ali plate at a half decent price. Got my buddy network working on it.

Why don't you do what i did and get hold of two bicycle bottle holders and bolt them to a piece of something-In my case an old piece of chequer plate and attach them/it to your fusebox with the original fusebox screws?

Great Idea!

Si

Even better, the handles of those mugs just clip over the dash and hold pretty well. FREE!! :)

We have used a pair of these for years. The handles do fit nicely over the rim of the dash shelf.

A bonus is that each person has his/her individual cup and can have the content with/without milk, sugar etc to personal taste.

http://www.lrseries.com/shop/product/listing/7627/4312/8/LRO-0447-LAND-ROVER-GEAR-TRAVEL-MUG.html

Between the seat and the bulkhead. :i-m_so_happy: Assuming you have a bulkhead :ph34r:

Nope. A station wagon. No bulkhead. Actually I fitted four map pockers. One to each front door ans two to the headlining. I also have a Discovery 300Tdi map shelf fitted.

Then for my mug or drinks bottle I have a RAM cup holder.

Thank you Si

I have one of the MUD centre consoles - which I bought for the cup holders. Unfortunately, the holders are too shallow and anything taller than a coke can falls out! Particularly the service station coffee cups!

Yours is the first decent idea I've heard that stands a chance of stopping my coffee ending up on my feet!

Si

Si - I can only agree - they are too shallow particularly if you fit the supplied rubber spacer in the bottom of each cup holder. Maybe we should both have sent them back but I treat any additional storage in a defender however small, as a bonus. Making the best of a bad job the neoprene eskie/tinnie coolers doubled over do work unless you are in the middle of a winch challenge, and as the whole thing is fixed by an interference fit you can pull it out to replace fuses.

I am banking on you coming up with a better solution. If you crack it I will buy one - but I must mention that a Double D-cup or XX-cup may not be a great name. :i-m_so_happy:

Cheers

Barry