Brakes again

I have now tried 2 new servos and 2 vac pump but still I have rubbish brakes and only 1 chance to really stop. The more I try and brake the harder the pedal gets and less servo assistance I get.

My orginal servo works better with a split in the seal which looses vac once motor is stopped.

Do I have a problem elsewhere but where do I look.

Barry

welcome to my world barry

my 110 brakes are rock hard the wife doesnt like going in it with me

its great for the quiet drives tho lol

have you tried a new non return valve that is my next thing to try

if you find the solution keep me posted

cheers

Oil contamination on your discs... or you've got a dodgy master cylinder, I'd say 90% of brake issue that pop up on here are master cyclinder related. - but its always the last thing to change out.

Pretty much as a matter of course I've been changeing out the master cylinders on the vehicles I've been newly aquireing.

Mav

I have near had enough of this. Today I have changed the Master cylinder and the vacuum pipe with a new one piece and still I only have one shot to stop the brake get worse and worse. I have bled the system 3 times and still got long travel on the pedal and carp brake on the first go at brake it still will not look up.

I need some motivation to get me out there and try something else or I think it might be on ebay by the end of the weekend.

Baz,

Lets recap again as it's getting a bit confusing.

Is your pedal hard with little braking action ? - pointing to servo assistance problems

OR

Are your brakes spongy ? Pointing to air in pipes or loose wheel bearings

OR

You have a good pedal for the first push of the pedal but braking fades with subsequent pushes of the pedal immediately following the first.

Mo

I have been out playing with my new gauge and yes 0.9 psi is on idle on hard rev it goes to 1

I have noticed when I press the brake the vacuum goes down a bit but when I release it goes down further I have 4 attempts to brake then I have 0.2 vacuum left.

If I brake sharp the vacuum goes downs to 0.5 but takes some time to rise back up unless I acclerate anyone know what values I should be seeing from the vacuum.

I have but the gauge on a t piece in between the pump and the servo to get these readings.

Sounds like the vac pump is not man enough to maintain the vacuum in the servo. Was the replacement a new one ? That's all I can think of :(

Just a stab in the dark but can the brake pedal be adjusted for stroke like the clutch ? Could you be bottoming out on pedal travel or m/c stroke ?

I have resolved my issue it turns out brand new servos from all makes are carp. I fitted my old servo to my new master cylinder and the pedal is great as are the brakes.

Thanks for your help I just need to fix the seal on the servo now to stop it sounding like a kettle when I switch engine off.