Radiators

Exmoor Beast

On long fast uphill drags with a heavy trailer on the 110 is starting to get a bit warm so its new rad time I reckon.

phoned to order one this morning to find that disco 200TDi ones are £138 and Defender are £300, err several folk are selling them on ebay saying they are the same item.

Whats the truth?

Will :)

On long fast uphill drags with a heavy trailer on the 110 is starting to get a bit warm so its new rad time I reckon.

phoned to order one this morning to find that disco 200TDi ones are £138 and Defender are £300, err several folk are selling them on ebay saying they are the same item.

Whats the truth?

Will,

Try Simon at MPS he had some real bargains at Billing, on new with out PX

Peter

Cos they're prcing you the defender one with a new intercooler aswell!

I've had this before and thought it strange! They are available seperately and are not a vastly different price to the disco ones. Suggest trying a different supplier. I know keith gott keeps the defender ones on the shelf and they're that sort of money casue I got one for a amte of mine recently who'd been being quoted 300 odd quid for a new rad!

HTH

Jon

I went with a recore when i did mine. About £120 mark from Serk Marston.

Nigel

I had a 2.5 td rad (with integral oil cooler) record with big cors for £165.

Which I don't think is cheap as I have bought new for less but it is a dam good rad. will till the truck landed on it :angry:

isint a disco one slightly different which is why you need to drop the chassis mounts a bit if fitting a disco 200tdi to a def but dont need to for a defender tdi? (i amy be wrong here)

i priced mine up at similar for defender price although only £99 for a rangie one from Paddocks so bought on of those, it fitted fine,

isint a disco one slightly different which is why you need to drop the chassis mounts a bit if fitting a disco 200tdi to a def but dont need to for a defender tdi? (i amy be wrong here)

i priced mine up at similar for defender price although only £99 for a rangie one from Paddocks so bought on of those, it fitted fine,

No, that is because the fan and water pump on the Disco is higher up the timing case than on a Defender. IIRC the difference in the rads is to do with the position of the inlet/outlet pipes - Disco has them both the same side, Defender on opposite corners??? Or is it the oil cooler pipes that differ?

Chris

yep i'd second tony on that

they are all of 500 metres from me, and look a bit like a shack. But i had to have a new rad for the stage 1- and the only stage 1 rads are genuine parts at over £450. Raysons recored mine for £130 and it's way better than it was before. great service and no bull****- proper old school tradesmen who know their jobs

Will

Raysons in Taunton

Recore first class job

when I put a drill bit through my own Rad :(

Agree with TC,, speak to Alan/Martin in Taunton,, dealt with them for near 20 years !! Recored the hybrid,s rad a few months back, even though they thought it was fine !!

Thanks folks, recore would be good but Taunton is a fair trek from here and I am using the 110 everyday at the moment so several days without it isn't an option.

I need to do a straight out in job one evening, oh and soon as I have 2tons of cakes to deliver to Wiltshire next wednesday!

So whats the answer re Disco/Defender inlets/Outlets

Hi

Funnily enough I was looking into exactly the same thing yesterday.

Allisport - £355 - 25% extra capacity

MM4x4 - £98

MPS - £90

That is for new rad only with oil cooler.

A local radiator place had a new one for £130.

JP