Basic Td5 drive flange question

I was thinking about checking for play in my drive flanges and perhaps investing in a set of heavy duty type ones, but have I read that the Td5 has one piece half shafts / drive flange ?

So, excuse my ignorance but if its one piece what are the Td5 heavy duty drive flanges produced for ? Am I missing some basic axle anatomical understanding ?

90s had one-piece rear shafts from approximately 300Tdi onwards. Two-piece (10-spline) before that.

110s have always had two-piece rear shafts. Unless they changed it when they changed the rear axle set up.

Everything Defender has separate on the front of course, as you've got the CV instead.

90's reverted to two piece 24 spline halfshafts approx 2004 when the rear Salisbury axle was dropped from the 110. I believe it is to introduce commonality - both the 90 and 110 use the same halfshafts now.

The newer 90's halfshafts are much beefier than they used to be but the splines are the weak point, I changed a pair on a 2006 which had stripped the splines on one side and the other was not far behind. My solution - I fitted a pair of old 300tdi one piece halfshafts!