Need to buy some flexible hose - Any recommendations?

Tetsu0san

Hi all

I am at the point in my build where I need to route an air pipe from the airbox to the turbo. I have a small length of flexible pipe that looks perfect, but just not long enough. Does anyone know anywhere that I can get more, and what exactly do I ask for?

Cheers

Rally Design at Faversham in Kent. Excellent supplier of all this type of stuff. My favourite.

Demon tweeks ?

Car builder solutions ?

Sorry, no good at links.

They probably all have something, but will vary in price. but like everything, once you know what it is and what its called, you can get it cheaper elsewhere.....................

I tried looking for good heavy duty flexible pipe a few years ago and my search was fruitless, I ended up finding standard LR pipework from various places and putting together something that fitted just by finding the right bends here and there.

Good stuff to find are the long 200tdi air pipes, (non moulded), but even those are becoming hard to find.

Mav

Does depend on how flexible and whether you want functional or beautiful? I made good use of PVC suction hose as used with a water pump in the past, available in various different sizes, and can be green/black/blue/white and clear in color and available from garden centres/B&Q quite cheaply too.

HTH

Edit to add, the stuff with a nylon stiffener coil inside to stop it collapsing.

Having said that, I just hit the magic search words... this might be worth a look...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flexi-Induction-Cold-Air-Intake-Duct-Pipe-With-Clamps-/320588099076?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4aa48a2e04

Its really difficult to tell from the photos as to whether or not its the cruddy thin silicone stuff with the rubbish internal wire which is just way too delicate...

• 3 weeks later...

Having said that, I just hit the magic search words... this might be worth a look...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Flexi-Induction-Cold-Air-Intake-Duct-Pipe-With-Clamps-/320588099076?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4aa48a2e04

Its really difficult to tell from the photos as to whether or not its the cruddy thin silicone stuff with the rubbish internal wire which is just way too delicate...

Just bought some of this for my 90. It's plastic with metal rings. Looks a bit cheap, but it does feel fairly solid. Despite being plastic it's very flexible, and also keeps its shape once bent to the required shape.

Sorry to dig this up again...

If anybody else if looking for hose and would like to be the next tester then I have found a couple of viable looking alternatives, albeit a bit more expensive.

http://www.asap-supplies.com/marine/vernalift-inline-offset/marine-exhaust-hose-412576

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330623212411?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

I'm going to have a go at fitting the stuff maverik linked to some time this week.

Back again. I actually managed to fettle all of my pipework into place without having to buy anything after all. However, I did pick up some hose at Newbury on Sunday anyway.

I was just worried about temperature but I think my fears were unfounded.

Sorry to dig this up again...

If anybody else if looking for hose and would like to be the next tester then I have found a couple of viable looking alternatives, albeit a bit more expensive.

http://www.asap-supplies.com/marine/vernalift-inline-offset/marine-exhaust-hose-412576

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330623212411?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

I'm going to have a go at fitting the stuff maverik linked to some time this week.

You can knock one of your list, I've had 2 lots of the blue silicone stuff in your ebay link.

Unfortunately it is not as the seller describes, having an external steel core instead of internal. I was very disappointed with the quality and returned it because it felt like you could push your finger through it. I was refunded, albeit not the return postage and they said they would contact me when the correct version that the picture shows was in stock.

I rang them a month later to ask if it was in because they didn't ring, to which they said it was in stock. Once again I ordered it and they sent the same low quality version as before. I've had bits from that seller before and can't fault them, but I wouldn't buy the flexible hose from them sadly.

You can knock one of your list, I've had 2 lots of the blue silicone stuff in your ebay link.

Unfortunately it is not as the seller describes, having an external steel core instead of internal. I was very disappointed with the quality and returned it because it felt like you could push your finger through it. I was refunded, albeit not the return postage and they said they would contact me when the correct version that the picture shows was in stock.

I rang them a month later to ask if it was in because they didn't ring, to which they said it was in stock. Once again I ordered it and they sent the same low quality version as before. I've had bits from that seller before and can't fault them, but I wouldn't buy the flexible hose from them sadly.

I have just unpacked an order from them and its the same story they have sent the wrong hose not the one in the pic :ph34r: