Mile Marker expert required.

roguevogue

I need help from someone who knows Mile Marker winches.

I assume that that is what I have, but I can't find a picture of one with a motor quite like this one.

I would like to know if there is a pipe work diagram somewhere, although I will probably sell it rather than use it.

Any help would be appreciated, I searched the motor part number but found nothing useful.

photo18_zps270adb22.jpg

photo17_zpsadb37fb6.jpg

photo16_zps2b4a456a.jpg

Thanks guys, thanks for your help.

The motor has the valve block, solenoids and I assume pressure relief mounted on it, the part number is 185-2478-002 but I can't find any reference to it.

The winch looks barely used, the anodising on the fairlead is intact so no rope has been across it in anger for sure.

Any suggestions what it might be worth?

That looks like it isn't a power steering driven winch? It looks like the bottom pair of solenoids are forward and reverse, and the top one is the change over solenoid between drum rotation and hydraulic ram in and out - where the ram connects to those bottom pair of JIC fittings.

The single line from the end of the motor is the 'leak off' line. One way valves in the block mean it is always connected to the tank low pressure line. All the other milemarker motors I've seen have shaft seals that can do full line pressure. But back in the day that was the way it was done, so an ordinary lip seal on the shaft could hold the oil in. Are there any letters marked on the ports? (T, P, L1, L2).

p.s. £60 ;)

Thanks for that, the ports facing backwards are marked T and P, the pipe to the end of the motor is marked BRAKE, the other port facing away from the drum is marked T1, the hex port below it isn't obviously identified but has a screwed in plug so I assume it is the pressure relief valve.

Google did throw up this LR4X4 thread, which seems to be on the same motor. Sadly no conclusion there either.

I would like to use it but i'm having a break (waiting for a tempting project) and I picked this up in a deal on another winch.

I might take it to Newbury and see what the interest is like next month, if it doesn't sell I'll stick it under the bench, it looks almost new.

That's way cooler then :)

T is tank, P is pump, T1 is a mystery? and the hex is maybe the Auxillary Relief Valve. There is no hydraulic over-run valve, as the solenoid on top lifts the brake. (This makes more sense, as how could an ancient motor finish up on a modern winch? )

Now I don't know about you guys, but both my hydraulics 'creep' out under load, so this would fix that annoyance right off :)

It's a proper winch motor, as opposed to the usual conveyer belt motor we get bundled at the 'low end'.

It certainly isn't worth what it cost new, which is a shame in a way, as I suspect the motor and valve alone would be £800+ ? But what drum speed at what flow? I'd throw an hour at it to connect it to something with a known flow, so you can say "does this drum speed at this flow" to gain extra cash cudos. But it should say ** cc/rev somewhere on the motor?