Stonefield P3000 4x4 Utility Truck

Timpo

On 6/17/2015 at 3:32 PM, Theman10k said:

Anyone still have one for sale or know of one??

On 6/17/2015 at 3:32 PM, Theman10k said:

Anyone still have one for sale or know of one??

Hi wonder if anyone still in to stonefields ... yes am Scottish lol ..and very interested in finding more about ect .. cheers

18 hours ago, Scott Milne said:

Hi wonder if anyone still in to stonefields ... yes am Scottish lol ..and very interested in finding more about ect .. cheers

Yep Richard (Lil Green Landy) is almost at the refitting the cab stage in his 6 wheeler. I'll see him later I expect, I'll get him to log in and do an update...

Will 🙂

Edited by Exmoor Beast
punctuation!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I currently have a Stonefield 4x4 P5000 V8 Chrysler all up and running. Needs work to be put back on the road as it has been dry stored since I bought it and just not had the time to do anything with it. I have that and a Series 2 Land Rover to rebuild as well when ever I get the time. The Stonefield is a brilliant machine and a lot cheaper than a 101 forward control which is what I originally wanted but they are way to much money now. 

Alex

IMG_5332.JPG

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/8/2024 at 9:51 PM, AlexB75 said:

I currently have a Stonefield 4x4 P5000 V8 Chrysler all up and running. Needs work to be put back on the road as it has been dry stored since I bought it and just not had the time to do anything with it. I have that and a Series 2 Land Rover to rebuild as well when ever I get the time. The Stonefield is a brilliant machine and a lot cheaper than a 101 forward control which is what I originally wanted but they are way to much money now. 

Alex

IMG_5332.JPG

Love that, that would suit me down to the ground

Will 🙂

• 2 months later...

I have an information pack of Stonefield Truck literature, including the brochure and four orange-coloured, circa A3 sized technical specification sheets, dating from 1979, which were sent to me in mid-January 1980 by the regional Stonefield distributor in South East England. I have recently been transcribing the text and scanning the documents; annotating parts of the transcripts where there are ambiguities or inconsistencies. There is also a post-1985, single-page feature, from a Chinese-products advertising magazine supplement associated with a newspaper of some sort.

I originally requested the information pack from Stonefield in Cumnock, because at the time, I was investigating possible off-road base vehicles for a "go-anywhere" motor-caravan, for long-distance, long-duration tours beyond Europe.

8 hours ago, NASkeet said:

One thing I have yet to determine, is which the Ferguson Formula could be used with a six-wheel drive system!?!

How will the system know it's not a regular 4X4?

All the 6WD is is an extra diff connected to the normal one.