What wheels for my 110 hardtop??

Currently running 16 modulars and, after our trip to the Alps, I would be very reluctant to lose any offset (and therefore steering lock). However, I fancy a nicer look to the old girl. Steel or Alloy does't matter. Colour is open to suggestions. Only thing is that the offset must be close to or the same as my modulars. I quite fancy ivory white Wolfs to match the roof but their offset is not brilliant and only 6.5". All the ones I have seen also look rusty after a couple of years. I will be running 235/85 x 16 tyres

So what is the collective opinion.

post-1427-0-12243600-1388424803_thumb.jpg

mine were done at www.velgenverbreden.nl in holland. Have a look at my buildthread in my signature, page 1 for the full write up. I can recommend his work.

In the uk, a quick google produced www.bandedsteelwheels.co.uk I have no experience with this company though.

Legality wise, this is well documented on the net, but it boils down to it being legal, unless the wheel fails due to the banding.

Daan

Interesting daan, a friend has some wolfs like that and the tyres (245s) sit almost inline with the edges of the eyebrows. I'll have to take a closer look, unless the modulars protrude but I don't recall seeing any 7" modulars with that much offset.

A 1 ton wheel has a offset of 20.6 mm; so has wolf wheel. you would move the wheel inboard 12.6 mm compared to a modular. You would have to move it 12.6 mm outboard to achieve the 8mm modular offset (20.6-12.6=8mm).

Daan

On this basis if I were to have a set of Wolf rims banded with 12.6 inserts then I would end up with rims that were near as dam it 7 " wide and with the same offset as the modulars. Hmm food for thought.

No, not quite, if you want to band them, you would have to put a 1" band in, so the tyre moves 1/2" outboard, 12.7 mm basically, making 20.6-12.7=8mm offset, as per a modular, with a total width of 7.5".

The endresult of banding a 5.5" landrover wheel by 2" or a 6.5" landrover wheel by 1" is the same: 7.5" with an 8 mm offset, the same offset as a modular.

Hope that makes sense.

As a personal opinion: I am not a fan of landrover alloy wheels, or mach 5s or wolfs I must admit. I reckon a banded (original)landrover wheel looks perfect on your truck, butch like the old 1 ton landrovers, the wholly grail of landrover design(I am a very conservative landrover person, hang on my anorak...). You're welcome to test fit mine if you're passing by.

Daan