fedima tyres

davidlandy

at a recent pay n play day Isaw a couple of motors shod with the fedimas, the ones with the same tread patterns as the simex ETs.

Where the side wall met the tread they were all mishapen all the way round - its almost as if the tread has been put on in about 8-10 sections - are they supposed to look like that?

On road ,there ok ,Not as noisey as Simex , In the wet its a bit spicy Like a grass snake on a greasy pole.

Off Road their excellent the side walls are of a very strong construction so they tend to stay on the rims when on low pressures .

The actual height of them when new is 36.5 inches which is good for clearance ,But I have had to change the gearing on the diffs to compensate the higher gearing , And the steering lock will also suffer , but dont let that put you off.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine are OK on the road (the landrover drives that bad you cant tell) Brilliant in Mud, grass etc etc but I find them poor on rock and stone. Ive seen me struggling to drive up a rock waterfall and failing then an almost identical prep'd landrover drove straight up without spinning a wheel on simex. Had similar experience since on pretty much every big rock step Ive come across!

Mine are OK on the road (the landrover drives that bad you cant tell) Brilliant in Mud, grass etc etc but I find them poor on rock and stone. Ive seen me struggling to drive up a rock waterfall and failing then an almost identical prep'd landrover drove straight up without spinning a wheel on simex. Had similar experience since on pretty much every big rock step Ive come across!

Saw these at Sodders

Taller than simex, remoulds etc but NOT as wide and not as agressive as a simex, the lugs don't poke out as far which prob means less grip AND less mechanical damage :lol:

IMHO

Nige

I find them poor on rock and stone. Ive seen me struggling to drive up a rock waterfall and failing then an almost identical prep'd landrover drove straight up without spinning a wheel on simex. Had similar experience since on pretty much every big rock step Ive come across!

Try reducing the pressures. Rogue Vogue runs them and his vehicle is awesome on rocks.

Chris

• 2 years later...

Fedima off road tyres : So far have only heard good reports from those who used them for 3+ years. apart from the derogatory stuff on D44 site (but then they dont sell)

I understand they are there to promote their brands, but ask those who have used them for years and you will here the truth.

I hope to be at the scott williams event In July and will be running on fedimas.

I've used Fedima Maxigrip and latterly Partners, supplied by 28x4.com and they are superb. in over 40 races I've had no punctures other than a couple of nails, never from impact damage. I was amazed how much grip and stopping power the Partners have, and a low wear rate. So much better than the Yokohama Geolandars that the tread is based on, did one race on a new set, two sidewall punctures, well worn and little grip off road.

Probably a good opportunity to recommend 28x4.com. Very helpful, good price and prompt, personal delivery.

Last year I saw a set of Bogger copies (not sure if they were Fedima Trial Ade) but they had the rotation arrows facing the wrong way for the tread pattern. This meant that the carcases were wrong which isn't a problem off road if you fit them backwards but is a problem if you use them on road as they would be illegal.

Up until then I had thought of getting some but as I could only find them mail order I could not guarantee the rotation fitting before purchasing them.

Marc.

Last year I saw a set of Bogger copies (not sure if they were Fedima Trial Ade) but they had the rotation arrows facing the wrong way for the tread pattern. This meant that the carcases were wrong which isn't a problem off road if you fit them backwards but is a problem if you use them on road as they would be illegal.

Up until then I had thought of getting some but as I could only find them mail order I could not guarantee the rotation fitting before purchasing them.

Marc.

Hi Marc Re "(not sure if they were Fedima Trial Ade)" All Fedima tyres are a bead-to-bead reconstructed tire with all markings in the mold.

So I dont think they were Fedima.

last i heard about these no one could get hold of them has this changed as i as thinking about a set???

Apparently that has changed, I havent first hand experience but these guys are supposed to stock them http://www.28x4.com/

I fancy a set of Jungle trekkers but the price keeps putting me off, havent got round to phoning these guys yet to see how much the siroccos are.......anyone got the 285/75-16s?

Dave.

Hi Marc Re "(not sure if they were Fedima Trial Ade)" All Fedima tyres are a bead-to-bead reconstructed tire with all markings in the mold.

So I dont think they were Fedima.

I think you are correct. I have just looked at a photo of one and they have writing on the side that the ones I saw did not.

Marc.

I fancy a set of Jungle trekkers but the price keeps putting me off, havent got round to phoning these guys yet to see how much the siroccos are.......anyone got the 285/75-16s?

Dave.

Did you know that they have an OD of 33.5''

Just found out that the speed rating is only 'J' so 62 mph! :o Thats a bit low for my liking as I use my landrover on the road too although im not going to be tearing it round all the time but thats a bit close to cruising speed on the dual carridge way.

Dave.

been looking at these for a while but the 35" stand almost 37~" tall which is a bit too much for me i think.

Whys that Si , do you get nose bleeds :D

Your right they are tall and have a habbit of messing your gearing up .

Saying that they do smaller sizes now , I think Dave from BWORC has just fitted a set on his 90 in a smaller size ,But apparantly they still stand at nearly 35"

Whys that Si , do you get nose bleeds :D

Your right they are tall and have a habbit of messing your gearing up .

Saying that they do smaller sizes now , I think Dave from BWORC has just fitted a set on his 90 in a smaller size ,But apparantly they still stand at nearly 35"

Do you know what size they were?

Paul