Springs.......

simonr

P.S. Coating is soooooo important for the bling factor!!! My springs (Old Man Emu) look a mess after 3 years.

Will, what about some spectacles with a blue tint? Then your whole world can look a bit Bling! :lol:

As a starting point, do any of you know what springs are fitted as standard to a 90 truck cab?

We can estimate the weight of things like a cage, front & rear winches. Say one wants a 2" lift and see what numbers actually come out.

Si

As a starting point, do any of you know what springs are fitted as standard to a 90 truck cab?

Si

These are the specs according to SteveG here

RH Rear NRC9448 Blue/Red 15.31" 225 lbs/inch

RH Front NRC9446 Blue/Green 15.19" 175 lbs/inch

LH Rear NRC9449 Yellow/White 14.80" 225 lbs/inch

LH Front NRC9447 Blue/Yellow 14.80" 175 lbs/inch

Lewis

I don't think Moglite has tried what I'm doing - my results have been mixed too - good and bl@@dy good!

Don't write it off until you know what I'm doing.

Red & White springs are about 170 lb/in and about 17" long.

Si

OK, so give me some more info. I've got 150lbs on the back at present at IIRC arround 18" long but running short shocks to keep them in.

So, I'd need to do some calcs to get real numbers but if you could provide something with a free length of say 21", with a rate of perhaps 100lbs until compressed too say 12" and 150lbs from there to coil bound that might be very sweet.

220lb/in in a 17-17.5" spring works nicely in a 'fender with winch and bar work for touring/off road work here. Enough rate to carry a load yet soft enough to go well and truly into the stock bump stops.

I was going to get some Eibach ones wound as the LRA/Browns Springs take a set after a while. (FWIW, no one to my knowledge makes a decent spring here in Oz. Not the best material and always hot wound.....)

BTW, Eibach and Hyperco are powder coated, and they are generally recognised as being the best suspension springs in the world. Also remember that a rust pit is a massive stress raiser on a spring, as the OD surface of the wire is the most highly loaded part of it.

So Si, When are they gona be available? As I said earlier I really like the look of your new idea and wouldn't mind seeing how well it works!

Steve,

All being well, I'm hoping to have the first batch of springs and joints available by Dec 11th (Monday). Visited the CNC shop today and the new universal version of the joint (90/110/RR/Disco left and right hand are now all the same) looks fabulous. The outer casings are being anodized (Blue of course) tomorrow. I'll test them and if all goes well place an order for 20 on Friday to be ready for then.

Si

Steve,

All being well, I'm hoping to have the first batch of springs and joints available by Dec 11th (Monday). Visited the CNC shop today and the new universal version of the joint (90/110/RR/Disco left and right hand are now all the same) looks fabulous. The outer casings are being anodized (Blue of course) tomorrow. I'll test them and if all goes well place an order for 20 on Friday to be ready for then.

Si

Hi simon, as for the coating, how about that before and after non stick stuff. would it be flexible tho'or would it crack, also any milage ina spring base retaining plate that is some how threaded so you could wind the o/a length of the spring up or down to suit the job in hand, ps howz the electric bike coming on, still gathering dust eh! cheers . mark