Paint for new cross member

Souster

Hi all

Recently purchased a black sheep cross member, what an incredible peice of fabrication.

I'd like to keep it looking as new for as long as possible, and am not sure what paint to use. Has anyone got any recommendations? I want something decent and long lasting, my plan is to paint it and then dinitrol over the top and the rest of the chassis.

Thanks alot

Por15 but oddly you will need to let it get a little rusty first or key it really heavily because it doesn't stick to shiney. I did 45's chassis (it had surface rust only) 6 years ago and it could do with re-painting now which I think is pretty good.

Mike

I threw some cheap Screwfix own black paint straight on the new metal when I patched The 109's rear the other week....to my surprise it's actually all still on there, and all still looking pretty good, to say I only threw it on for the MoT start of June, and the wife's been driving it to work pretty much every day since

I used tetrosyl underbody paint which is quite grainy/scratchy so not really suitable for the front face but i applied it to the outside of the bulkhead footwells of my series 3, 9 years ago and its still as good today as it was all that time ago.