Side exit exhaust

Afternoon all, i have ordered my self a side exit exhaust (rear quarter exit) from debon 4x4 should be with me by the weekend (6weeks after ordering) anyway, just wondered if there is an easy way to mark up the pannel to drill the hole for the exhaust to exit, would hate to get it in the wrong place. Cheers. Dave.

All change, i havecancelled my exhaust. The exercisers at devon 4x4 couldnt manage to pull their fingers out their arses andsort my delivery puttingit back another week. With no gaurantee it would even turn up then. The guy on the phone didnt seem to care about the fact i had already been waiting 5 weeks and was quite rude about it. I will never be ordering anything from devon 4x4 again. And neither will anyone else that i know with landrovers. Shame.

That's a pity, I have always found them OK but then the stuff I've had has always been in stock.

Maybe its a blessing, side exhausts are a bit of a thing to live with, especially if you drive through towns and villages etc - all the soot seems to be exactly at toddler / pram height.

Yeah i would presume it wasnt their fault as they wer getting the exhaust made by a fa rutaction company. Thefact the guyon the fone couldnt give 2 sh1ts about it was the bit that annoyed me, and the lack of comunication. I called after 4 weeks and was told it was good that i had called as they had forgotten that they were even dealing with me.

This sounds like you have received very poor service from devon4x4, however I would say that this is not the norm for them - they are usually a pleasure to deal with. I appreciate that the rest of us getting good service doesn't help you in any way though

Good Morning Shutler1, I am very sorry as I explained to you about the delay on supplying you your exhaust

I did speak with you myself to explain that the company we purchase these from have let us down badly on promised eta of the goods. I did send an email to you on the 19th after you cancelled your order to explain which I have copied below.

I am very saddened that you felt like a member of our Team did not care about the fact that your order had not been completed, that is very unlike them.

regards Liz

Copy of email sent on the 19th

Good morning Mr Shutler

I thought I would pop you a very quick email to apologise for the trouble we have had with the exhaust system that you/your son ordered

I have been having awful problems with our suppliers, they manufacture an excellent product but are very slow, we keep increasing our stock levels but unfortunately on this occasion have been caught out

I have myself called your son on numerous occasions to update him and then passed this on to my dispatch team to keep him updated over the last couple of days, and Mr Shutler we do care hence this email to you.

At your request as of yesterday we have cancelled your order and a full refund has been made to your card as requested, this normally shows on your statement within three days according to our card processors.

Regards Liz

Liz Buck

I assume someone may just have had a bad day down there. My original winch bumper was showing as stock when I ordered it and to be fair they (D4x4) called me the next day to say it was out of stock and would be a considerable wait to have one fabricated, I opted for another style they had in stock and had it within 24hrs.

Any local exhaust fabricators should be able to knock up a side exit tail piece, you could even do it yourself if you can weld.

I've always been more than happy with their service, and certainly the products are among the best I've ever experienced.....

I have placed orders for items that weren't in stock without payment being taken, how many other suppliers would do that..... most just want your money, but I genuinely feel that the D44crew want you to be happy..... or at least that's my experience.....

It certainly wasnt you liz that was that problem. It was another member of your staff that came across very unhelpful. I very much apreciate the email from you. Its just a shame that at the time the rest of your team couldnt work together when saying they would call to keep me updated and then not doing so. I have bought several items from you in the past with great service. Just a shame that it didnt work out the same this time.

If you appreciated the email from Liz, I am surprised that you needed to vent on here.

Remember, the internet never forgets.

...and well done Liz, spoken with you before, ever helpful as well as your other employees, can only assume it was a bad day for one of them.