A-Frame top link bushing alternative?

ajh

I think QT sells an alternative to the A-frame joint (may be a jj) that bolts in place. I've seen quite a few setups with jj at the chassis end. I think they work really well, so long as you keep 'em lubed. They are pricey for the run of the mill off-roading, though.

The simple answer is Polyurethane. It exhibits a small amount of swell with long term contact to BioDiesel - but it's only a couple of percent.

I'm not a fan generally of PU bushings where elasticity is required, but they would last longer than rubber.

Ideally you could make something similar in Viton which is unaffected.

Replacing the Elastomer bushings with a hard, non elastic joint will result in higher noise levels, but may also lead to fatigue in the mounting points.

Si

This one is a poly; so it going soft was unexpected. It has not totally collapsed like a rubber one but it is a lot softer than it should be. I guess for now I'll replace it then top-coat with something to try to protect it.