Blonde Time

siearl

Well today has seen me have a well and truely blonde moment.

Jumped in to the 110 this morning turned the key, fuel pump kicked in and nothing, no firing no nothing dead as anything. Lifted the bonnet and tried again nothing, both battery volts were showing as fine so not a dead battery.

So start with starter motor and solenod wires, yep secure, take the fuse box apart and checked everything, so move on to getting the tester out and starting probing all the solenod wires, still nothing. By this tme has been at it for about 40 mins, and think try again jump in look down and guess what The auto box was in drive. Move it up to Park turn the key and she fired up.

Well today has seen me have a well and truely blonde moment.

Jumped in to the 110 this morning turned the key, fuel pump kicked in and nothing, no firing no nothing dead as anything. Lifted the bonnet and tried again nothing, both battery volts were showing as fine so not a dead battery.

So start with starter motor and solenod wires, yep secure, take the fuse box apart and checked everything, so move on to getting the tester out and starting probing all the solenod wires, still nothing. By this tme has been at it for about 40 mins, and think try again jump in look down and guess what The auto box was in drive. Move it up to Park turn the key and she fired up.

Those nice men from the AA usually have to put the little gear lever into high after young Johnny has been fiddling with the car in Tesco's car park. Calls of the clutch pedal doesn't work...............................hehe

Those nice men from the AA usually have to put the little gear lever into high after young Johnny has been fiddling with the car in Tesco's car park. Calls of the clutch pedal doesn't work...............................hehe

My blonde moment is forgetting the hand brake when pulling away.

Last time was ging to billing, at the M40 I stopped to help two guy's in a 90. when I got the roudabout at Billing the transmission was making a strange clattering noise. I had intended to drive the off road course but decided against it. wasn't until later that I realised that it was the handbrake still on!! :D

I did the same when I first drove an auto Discovery. Hit a cattle grid a bit hard which tripped the inertia sensor so the hazard lights went crazy, stopped and engine off to reset it, back on and it wouldn't start. Looked under bonnet, looked at this and that and scratching head, went to leave the vehicle and went to put it in park and - erm - ah - muppet :):rolleyes:

rather sheepishly restarted and continued on my way :unsure:

I did the same when I first drove an auto Discovery. Hit a cattle grid a bit hard which tripped the inertia sensor so the hazard lights went crazy, stopped and engine off to reset it, back on and it wouldn't start. Looked under bonnet, looked at this and that and scratching head, went to leave the vehicle and went to put it in park and - erm - ah - muppet :):rolleyes:

rather sheepishly restarted and continued on my way :unsure:

hmmm dare I say it?

Called the AA for a 'collapsed wheel bearing'... the wheel nuts were loose :blush:

Only consolation was that it wasn't me that 'tightened' them...

My blonde moment is forgetting the hand brake when pulling away.

Last time was ging to billing, at the M40 I stopped to help two guy's in a 90. when I got the roudabout at Billing the transmission was making a strange clattering noise. I had intended to drive the off road course but decided against it. wasn't until later that I realised that it was the handbrake still on!! :D

You obviously have not fitted the Xeng hand brake, that won't let you pull away with it on :rolleyes:

i kept leaving the handbrake on in the disco till i parked her up with no MOT. my excuse is good though, the handbrake hadnt worked for 11months, never got round to fixing it untill mot time.

mind you i do remember approaching a roundabout in the MG, hitting the brakes & the pedal landing on the floor. thats the moment you think 'oops have to pump the brakes up after changing the pads dont i?' needless to say lots of rapid pumping got the brakes back just in time. could have been nasty apart from in my pants though.

I had the rear prop off a short while ago when I was trying to track down where the slack was in the running gear. I only parked it on the drive, put the hand brake on then walked into the garage. Next thing I know the front of the defender nudged me in the back and I just stopped it as the roof touched the garage door...lucky as its too tall for my garage!

Jas