Am I missing something?

I tried comfort and bling with my peacock coloured P38 recently, it just didn't suit me, I even considered selling my 110 :-o

My 110 definitely won't be getting blinged or sold now I have seen the light.

As for everyone else blinging their defenders, crack on I say, keep them nice and tidy so we have a good stock of bits in years to come. I can't wait til Newbury Sort-out is full of nice repairable custom made leather seats and so on :-)

Will :-)

When I went to my first Club meet there where no two vehicles of the same model that were the same spec , from S1 to the then current 2 door RRC - 1980 in case you were wondering - and it has ever been thus , only now there is much more choice of everything . BFG tyres were extreme exotic back then eh , and the only radial option in 7.50 were Michelins ...

I do think this is a bit of a circular thread - tyres eh :) , there are a few L200's around here on 45 profile 18 or 19's which look like they would snap if they hit a pothole but it's that person's thing

vive la difference

Steveb

What bugs me the most is those overland travellers who burden their chosen motor with pointless yet expensive bling - alloy wheels, light bars, shiny stuff. Then express surprise when the indigenous folk in far flung folk express disapproval or decide that they should own said bling items instead. When you blow someone's yearly wage on pointless show off carp; it can cause upset

Alloy wheels are wider than the steel wheels, which can be important for those needing slightly wider tyres for snow or sand without increasing weight on the bonnet or rear door - HD rims are a good deal heavier than LR alloys. Aftermarket 7" steel wheels alter the vehicle track, which many people don't want. I appreciate they are also less robust than steel wheels, but punctures are likely on expeditions, wheel failure is not unless you try to replicate the Camel Trophy, in which case you'd be an idiot. So, they have their place on an off road prepared vehicle as long as they're not of silly sizes or appearances.