300tdi 6speed 110 build

The reason I went for the 6speed is it because it has a slightly higher top than the 380 obviously. And it tied in with the dash conversion nicely, also the stronger clutch is a added bonus.

I'm hoping it will have a slightly broader powerband with the VNT and 2.8 injector pump. I don't know anyone who has fitted the 2.8 pump but it runs higher pressure so it should give a cleaner burn in turn being able to adjust the pump up abit dependant on what the EGT has to say about that.

Pumas have a 1.2 Tbox. Are you going to copy or go with a 1.4?

I too would also be interested to know how the gearbox suits the 300Tdi

MOT emissions test is done on the elder of the engine and the vehicle, so if you fitted a 1980 engine into a 2015 vehicle, it would go through the 1980 emissions test. Similarly, if you fitted a 2015 engine into a 1980 vehicle, you would still go through the 1980 emissions test. The onus is on the presenter to prove age, however.

So putting a 300tdi in a puma would let you go through the 300tdi emissions test, not the puma test, provided you could prove the age of the engine.

Are you sure about that? I don't know the regs, but it sounds unlikely to me that a vehicle would be allowed to pass emissions tests of an older standard.

It looks like a nice build, though I always liked the R380 a lot more than the 6-speed. There are a few minor differences on what I'd choose, but I like the concept and motivation, and you're doing a nice job of it.

Are you sure about that? I don't know the regs, but it sounds unlikely to me that a vehicle would be allowed to pass emissions tests of an older standard.

It looks like a nice build, though I always liked the R380 a lot more than the 6-speed. There are a few minor differences on what I'd choose, but I like the concept and motivation, and you're doing a nice job of it.

section 7,3

Vehicles fitted with a different engine
must be
tested to the requirements of whichever is older, the
engine or the vehicle.
e.g. A 1995 car fitted with a 1991 engine (of
whatever make), test to 1991 standards for

emission purposes

It's a bit unclear as that text is listed within the spark-ignition (i.e. petrol) emissions section, and there is no corresponding text in the compression-ignition emissions section. So by insinuation that only applies to petrol engines.

Still, an interesting loophole nonetheless! Would be nice to see what DVSA has to say.