Truck Cab Roofrack

cant look any worse than a half length rack on a disco? they look like you mugged a metro owner for it.

must admit i cant see the point though, its not like you'd get much in it? unless you make a cage that'd fit a hardtop with a rack built in. that could look rather good done right.

cant look any worse than a half length rack on a disco? they look like you mugged a metro owner for it.

must admit i cant see the point though, its not like you'd get much in it? unless you make a cage that'd fit a hardtop with a rack built in. that could look rather good done right.

Tomb raider'esk if you like.

Patriot Roofracks do exactly what I'm after...for £800! I'm sure I'd get what I paid for, but does anyone know of a cheaper alternative (Short of me fabricating one myself)?

Brownchurch do a truck cab roof rack in their galvanised range. Pretty solidly made too - though if you are only bolting it to a truck cab the cab will break first anyway :)

http://www.brownchurch.co.uk/heavyduty.html £185 + vat :)

I can, as James has probably read on another forum I'm also after one, When you have a 130 pick up loaded with logs and two tree surgeons with 2 boxes of kit each there is an awfull lot of point!!! lol 4 storage boxes would go nicely across a truckcab roof,.

Matt

Or would my cheaper option be to buy and fit a hardtop, then buy a full roofrack for that?

Would be cheaper..

Sides - about £50 for a decent plain pair

Roof - Old smooth types are cheap for about £100, about for £150 for ribbed and up to £300 for a late model TD5 one with ribs pressed into shape. All in good condition.

Rear Door - Hard to find used in anything by cr@p condition. £180 for new

Add another £120 for seals, lock, securing bolts etc

You can pick up the LR roof racks off ebay for about £100

So you are talking about £550 - £700, but your seat does go back further ;);) and you should be able to sell your truck cab for about £120-£200 depending on condition.

Cheers

Steve

Sides - about £50 for a decent plain pair

Roof - Old smooth types are cheap for about £100, about for £150 for ribbed and up to £300 for a late model TD5 one with ribs pressed into shape. All in good condition.

Steve

How much? :blink::o

My hardtop with windows was 30quid from a fellow forumeer :)

Edited to add something useful - why not buy a cheap roof rack for a hardtop from ebay and chop the back off to suit your truckcab

I can, as James has probably read on another forum I'm also after one, When you have a 130 pick up loaded with logs and two tree surgeons with 2 boxes of kit each there is an awfull lot of point!!! lol 4 storage boxes would go nicely across a truckcab roof,.

Matt

ahh depends what your thinking of putting on the roof i guess. when i had one i used it for bulky but not heavy stuff. or logs when camping at tommys - boy does 2ft of wood on the roof make a disco unstable!

Guest dew110CSW
cant look any worse than a half length rack on a disco? they look like you mugged a metro owner for it

Not really sure why but that has really cracked me up.

I kinda agree, Cab roofracks look a little silly, but it's your landie and your choice.

ahh depends what your thinking of putting on the roof i guess. when i had one i used it for bulky but not heavy stuff. or logs when camping at tommys - boy does 2ft of wood on the roof make a disco unstable!

Exactly!! chainsaw kit is bulky and not particularly heavy will be the ideal solution when I've made my rack!