BFG AT KO or KO2?

reb78

Can anyone tell me the difference between the BFG AT KO and KO2 tyres? The KO2 is about £30 cheaper on paddocks and after a pumcture on the M6 today, i need a new tyre (will be getting at least a pair).

My Brothers wife has KO2's on her Freebie, and we can all recommend them, they are so much better than the old ones, many times better in the wet, much less noisy, better grip offroad and as you've found out cheaper. I don't really fancy the new M/T KM2 but the KO2's seem so be right on the money.

Just my 2cents of course :)

235 KO2s on my 90, they drive really well. I have had the original AT's on lots of vehicles and they were very good but I'd go with the new now.

if you buy the old ones its almost inevitable that you will end up on a mixture eventually

I bought a set of the old AT from Oponeo last year (they were the cheapest I could find - they're all the same tyres so why pay more?). Free delivery to home and then I got the local garage to swap them over for a fiver each.

Pretty cheap way of doing it. The ATS in town wanted over £20 per tyre more, supplied and fitted. I don't mind paying a bit more sometimes for local convenience but draw the line at that!

More on topic, one thing I don't like about the new AT is the more aggressive sidewall design. But beggars can't be choosers I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to finish this thread off. I bought the new AT KO2s and had them fitted last week. They look like a nice tyre. 1000 miles this weekend (about 2/3 with a fully loaded trailer) and they feel nice enough too.

Makes me realise how much the old ones have worn down on the back, so will probably look to replacing them before the end of the year (they are on 65k miles at the moment).